How Fab Are Bumbo's...

Lellow

Déjà poo ... Get it?
Reaction score
...Im in love with the new Bumbo DH bought for LO...Its great, he sits up so well in it!

Im now wondering why i never had one before...:wacko:

If you have one too, how you getting on with it?

:flower:

Ive got one but LO is not so keen on it, he always looks really uncomfortable init, he kind of holds him self tense and would prefer to be sat in his bouncer. I do think they are really good though they are meant to strengthen there backs to help them sit up uniaded x

I had one back in 2004 with my first and to be honest we didn't start using it soon enough so we got very little use out of it. Our son was quickly sat by himself and his thighs too fat for the leg holders!
We bought another for our little girl, second hand as they are so pricey and we did use it quite a lot. We started off at about 15 weeks for 10mins at a time and she loved it. We were still using it up to 5mths as she still couldn't sit without it but then overnight she just decided to pull herself up to sitting and could perch happily for 45mins.
I gave it to my friend last week. Def loved it more this time x

Millie is too big for hers now but when she had one it was brilliant she loved sitting up likea big girl x

I was just going to post a thread asking if they were worth getting!

I've seen quite a few complaints that LO can 'pop' themselves out pretty easily?

i really want one for my son as he sits up on his own for a few mins before floppin and now he has a new found skill its all he wants to do lol

I was just going to post a thread asking if they were worth getting!

I've seen quite a few complaints that LO can 'pop' themselves out pretty easily?

LO sits really well in it and theres no way he can pop out at this stage in his development to be honest, but it depends on how active your baby is, mine is definately a wriggler but he's fine in it :)

I'm waiting for one to arrive that i won on ebay! I probably won't use it just yet but i think i'll get a fair bit of use out of it as my little girl is only dinky, thats assuming she likes it. It only cost me £11.00 altogether so no big loss if she doesn't.

We had a fright the other day. I was cooking, she was in the bumbo on the floor and OH was with us.
OH popped into garden and came back in after a minute. He shouted "Where's Jen?" and I looked and there was just an empty bumbo. We ran out and she was in the dining room under the table! OH was terrified and took about half an hour to recover!
We put her back in and watched. She lifted her right leg, moved it across her left leg and onto the the floor, 'popped' out and crawled off! We can't use it any more!!!

We had a fright the other day. I was cooking, she was in the bumbo on the floor and OH was with us.
OH popped into garden and came back in after a minute. He shouted "Where's Jen?" and I looked and there was just an empty bumbo. We ran out and she was in the dining room under the table! OH was terrified and took about half an hour to recover!
We put her back in and watched. She lifted her right leg, moved it across her left leg and onto the the floor, 'popped' out and crawled off! We can't use it any more!!!

Awww poor love....But your LO is 10 months old+ so is probably alot more active at that age compared to my 5 month old, so that probably explains why she did a runner from her bumbo :rofl:

The bumbo has been a godsend so i can do things done like washing pots & pealing veg, Alfie can sit & watch on the counter & i can talk to him & stuff. He's not sitting up by himself yet, he's getting there. I cant put him on the side anymore tho as he has learnt how to move the bumbo, he arches his back repeatedly & straightens his legs & the bumbo then moves. Pritty soon he's gona be able to get out of it eak!

i have ordered one after reading things on here - should be here tomorro :) got the tray too :)

The bumbo has been a godsend so i can do things done like washing pots & pealing veg, Alfie can sit & watch on the counter & i can talk to him & stuff. He's not sitting up by himself yet, he's getting there. I cant put him on the side anymore tho as he has learnt how to move the bumbo, he arches his back repeatedly & straightens his legs & the bumbo then moves. Pritty soon he's gona be able to get out of it eak!

We only got Aymens yesterday so we've only put him in it for a bit whilst we had our evening meal, but im really looking forward to cooking this evening and having him on the counter to come and watch and keep me company in the kitchen...so tahnks for that Torz :)

Awww poor love....But your LO is 10 months old+ so is probably alot more active at that age compared to my 5 month old, so that probably explains why she did a runner from her bumbo :rofl:

LOL! She's walking now so it's probably time to get rid of the bumbo, although they do say they're suitable up to two. Until now it was great though, and I think they're pretty easy to sell on eBay once you're finished with them.

Holly looks like a little old lady in an arm chair in hers!!! We love it!

:rofl: So does Aymen [but a man ahaha] ... He props his arms on either side and sits there like he's busy contemplating life LOL - So cute, im gonna take pix galore of him in it :)

Nathan hated his, he just looked uncomfortable and tried to get out all the time. A complete waste of money for us!

:rofl: So does Aymen [but a man ahaha] ... He props his arms on either side and sits there like he's busy contemplating life LOL - So cute, im gonna take pix galore of him in it :)

:haha: just like Holly! She did a classic last week, we popped her in it, she sat back and did a massive burp. It was like she had just finished a pint or something!! I love pics of her in it, so cute!!

Daisy jumped backwards out of hers a few days before I moved house.. I moved on the 10th of October so she was 5 months. She could already sit up and was nearly crawling though so she was prob too strong to be in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->