How far along were you when you made your first appt?

GrassRoots

Reaction score
I am super newly pregnant and wondering when most women call their provider for their first appt. Now seems way too early but maybe I'm overthinking this?

I will be using a midwife and planning for a homebirth. I didn't have my first appt w/ my daughter until I was 10 or 11 weeks due to not having health insurance and trying to figure out my financial situation first! So I'm not quite sure how to handle it this go 'round!

So, when did you call for your first appt? How far along will you be/were you on appt day?

They set up an appointment for me after my blood test. I will be around 7-8 weeks at the time of my appointment.

I called my normal family doctor right away and they wanted me to come that next week. After doing research I saw they would only give me a pregnancy test and that would be it so I cancelled that appointment and called an ob/gyn. They set me an appointment for 8 1/2 weeks. So just call and ask!

It's probably different as I'm in the UK.
You don't tend to see a doctor unless you're taking medication and you need to sort that out or if you're high risk.
Last time I called the doctors surgery and was given paperwork to fill in and an appointment was made with the midwife to book in.
I was given a blood test request for so I had to go to the local hospital blood clinic for that.
I got a scan appointment letter in the post and then scheduled appointments thereafter.
This time I've phoned the home birth team of midwives directly which I did yesterday as I know they can get booked really quickly and I know in my area the wait for 12 week scans can be ages and I want it sooner rather than later.
I'm getting a call back today with a booking appointment and hopefully a scan date xx

I don't know where you're from but, here in Scotland, you phone the midwife directly as soon as you find out.

I found out at 8 weeks. I phoned up, got a booking in appt for January 16th and my 12 week scan is February 5th.

They don't see you here for the first appt till you're 8-10 weeks along, no matter how early you call :)

Even though I tested positive Jan. 3, I was still kind of in disbelief so I decided to wait to see if I would miss my AF and called my OB yesterday after I was two days late. They told me that they do not see you until you are 6 weeks so they scheduled me for the week of Jan. 20. so I guess it may depend on where you live and the Dr office practice itself.

I have my first official appt Monday, at 8 + 1. I've been in for 3 betas, and 2 ultrasounds though, due to my previous loss. Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Im 5 weeks 3 days but waiting to get in contact with my obgyn for my early scan untill end of the month so i can actually see something on the scan.. With my first Child i just got in contact with my dr and always went through my midwifes.. Im only seeing a Obgyn as i lost my 2nd child at 21 weeks. Im in the UK.

I called in at the doctors when I found out at around 5 weeks, & they booked me in for an appointment for exactly 8 weeks with the midwife. I am in the UK though using the NHS so if you are in the US using private healthcare it could be different, maybe best to call them.
xo.

Here in Canada we usually just book a regular doctors appt when you find out and they confirm it with a pregnancy test then set up an ultrasound for you around week 6, then next dr appt is at week 12 (considered first prenatal appointment)

I called my doctor when I found out at 3+5. I had to wait until I was 8 weeks for my book appointment and 9 weeks for my first OB appointment. But I thought it was good to get it scheduled so I could get it on the days I needed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->