How far along would you say I am?

GonnaBaMama

Reaction score
According to our doctor, I am 10 weeks along (based on the start date of my last period). But I know when we conceived (it was the only time that month that we were not being careful) and based on that date, I am 7 weeks prego. The 3 weeks diff is a BIG diff especially approaching that 12 week 'safer zone'. We are going for our first ultrasound in 2 weeks, but until then, would you say that I am 7 weeks or 10?

How long are your cycles normally?

are you factoring in that the LMP date will add 2 /3 weeks onto your pregnancy depending on when you ovulate if your cycle is longer then you probably dont O at 14 days which is what the LMP chart bases it on and it counts you as being pregnant the whole duration of your last period and since

If you are counting 7 weeks from conception you need to add 2 weeks so I'd say you're around 9 weeks xx

Based on a normal cycle, you're counted as being pregnant from the first day of you last period as it's difficult to know exactly when you ovulated. Even if you had intercourse on a Wednesday, the sperm could still be alive to fertilise an egg that was produced on a Sunday, for example (they live up to five days in the uterus). I would say that the 10 weeks is the most accurate but your dating scan will give you greater clarity.

I don't have a normal cycle so my doctor couldn't base how far along I am on my LMP as it was on 23rd March which would make me nearly 12 weeks pregnant - which I'm most definitely not! I have a sixty day cycle (great, huh?) and three and a half weeks ago I took a pregnancy test which was positive (came up the colour expected if testing 'around time of period') and I took one six days later and it had massively darkened. Two weeks before I did a test and it was negative. Doctor had to make up my LMP on my notes and he said the colour of the line would be near enough without the dating scan - certainly more accurate than trying to base on my actual LMP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->