How far do u and /or OH travel to work?

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity? Just wondering what the average is....

it takes me about an hour :) OH takes about 30 minutes but that includes dropping amelie off at nursery.

Depends on where DH works as he's a contractor but his last contract was in Portsmouth so a 2 1/2 hour drive every day from our house in Hertfordshire.

I drive in to North London every day so about an hour (it's actually 13 miles one way).

If I have to go to another site in London then it's about 1 1/2 hours by overground and tube.

It is 10 km to my oh's work which he either rides on his bike or goes in his car or in the bus.

University is about 14 km away and I mostly take my bike on the train(5 km to the train and rest by train)

I work at the bottom of the road :rofl: But my 2nd job,its 2 bus journeys away or a 45 min walk...Dean works 26 miles away.xx

I used to only have to walk from the bedroom to the home office but now have to travel a whole 20mins by car :winkwink: OH works nights so no traffic, probably takes him about 20mins too. Very lucky :D

I'm a SAHM but when I did go to work it used to take 30 mins by bus, OH works about 15 minutes drive away from our house so not to bad xx

Thanks the reason i ask is we are about to move and was concerned about the extra commuting DH will have to do to get to work. He will be travelling 25km (15 miles) by bus so about an hour or so.

Im a SAHM but OH travels about 35 miles to his work, it takes him nearly an hour by car. :)

Takes me about 20-40 mins depending on traffic, part of my drive to work involves driving towards the city centre for a little while and that's where the traffic usually is. It was horrendous this afternoon because of the football. With oh it depends as he's a carpentry assistant so is usually at a different location every few weeks. The furthest he's had to travel is to Stoke which is about an hour away minimum, the closest is about 5-10min drive, literally just up the road.

Mine is just over 10miles away, oh works less than 4 miles away.

I gave up work a few months ago now but I used to travel only 3 miles to it.

OH walks down our stairs and he's at work (we live above his workplace :haha:)

DH works in town and has a 5 to 10 minute drive. My drive to work if I go straight from home is 45 minutes. When I have to drop the kids off first it's 45 minutes to my mom's and then 10 minutes to work, so I leave an hour and a half early. The drive sucks but it costs less than child care so it's worth it.

When I was working I was traveling an hour or so each way.

I'm now a sahm but dh travels anywhere from 1.5-2 hours each way depending on traffic. Who'd live in Sydney? :shrug:

When I was working it took me a 20 minute if I get the 7am bus and if I'm on a later shift 40 minutes. Just depends on the traffic and school run! Then 10 minute walk from the bus stop. Coming home was a 20 minute walk up the hill back to the mainroad and 45 minute drive and waiting wise for the bus 20 minute! Due to the buses changing times etc and the routes after 3pm! So glad I've finished now though! The thought of walking that up that hill at 5.30 makes me feel sick! Plus in the dark!

OH literally rolls out of bed and into work. He works 5 minutes away from home.

About 1hr 10 mins for me (train and tube), DH varies as he's freelance and works in different locations, but often mostly near enough the same commute as me.

I study from home so none for me! DH has an hour and a half each way - bus, train, walk.

Mine is about a 5-10 minute drive or a 30 minute walk (I can take the shortcut whilst driving) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->