How far in advance do most venues take bookings?

readytoplan

Reaction score
Hi, just a little about myself, I'm 22 and my OH is 24, we've been together for almost 7 years now, engaged for almost three.
We have a little boy who is now 1.5 and only in the past month or so have we started to think about the wedding!

Anyway, we have set an approximate date.. I love the thought of a winter wedding around Christmas time.. Something about that time of year is so special and family orientated. So December 2015 it is.
Hopefully on the weekend that the schools break up for Christmas term, as I work in a school and I would probably find it hard to get time off in the weeks before.

So, we have got as far as researching venues as thats probably the best place to start. we've found one that we really like, and a few that are possibilities.. so is it too early to start viewing them?!!! If we wait till after Christmas is it common practice for venues to book events two years in advance?

xxx Ive rabbited on! :dohh:

H i there! I dont see why they wouldnt. Really popular venues book up very very fast and with it being xmas i think it is a good idea to book early.:thumbup:

Normally about 2-3 years in advance (we booked ours in feb with 18 months to go until our date), transport etc won't book until at least 12 months to go =). The earlier the better though because some places get booked out super quickly, we had to book our basilica early because it's such a popular place to get married in ^^.

We booked ours about 18 months in advance. If you know when you want to get married and you find a venue you like just go for it - best to get it booked up early than be disappointed, as some popular venues will book up 2+ years in advance.

we have found our perfect venue and they said they will take 2015 bookings starting from Jan 2014,so we plan to book it asap in the New Year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->