How far is your walk to school?

I'm lucky, I live on the same road as the school. It's only a few doors down up from us. Takes about a minute or two.

I used to wish I lived a bit closer but it keeps me in my size 8's even if I do eat cake for brekkie lol.

My son started school on Wed :(
I don't know how far it is distance wise but it takes us 20 min to walk it. We'll be doing that rain or shine as we only have one car and hubby gets first call on it. It nice really as we get to talk for a lot longer than we would driving. But it is tiring.

Ours is a 5-10 min walk away :) & some people who live the same distance away drive! I dont get it :wacko: lol

Our school is a mile away I walk this three times so that is 6 miles a day as youngest at pre school on the afternoon, it is starting to become a struggle as 26 weeks pregnant, and the journey is starting to take longer and longer, but don't want to give into the car lol

20 minute walk to one school in the morning all uphill, back down 20 minute walk to the other school ( youngest does half day) so back there half the day , back home , back up to my eldest school then back home. I pretty much walk all day :lol:

oh god I remember when DD was doing half days, it was a killer walk going up 6 times!

oh god I remember when DD was doing half days, it was a killer walk going up 6 times!

That will be me next year! Hopefully i'll be more used to it by then. Its definitely getting easier by the day..... Just dreading rain now! :haha:

Omg i never thought of that - when they do half days at school! Currently it is quite a nice walk that takes 20 minutes, relatively flat all the way. But when my son strts school, my daughter starts preschool, so ill be doing that walk..hmm.yep, 6 times too. Argh!

Omg i never thought of that - when they do half days at school! Currently it is quite a nice walk that takes 20 minutes, relatively flat all the way. But when my son strts school, my daughter starts preschool, so ill be doing that walk..hmm.yep, 6 times too. Argh!

We will have calves of steel :haha:

My daughter did half days from September till December as she is a summer baby. Glad thats over now!

ia m fnot far away fornjt schoopl at all hjudst nd wayh 5 km when oi went to [rimar schpoppl i wasd abput 400 mj and of course as germand to they alk all wyu alone without parents becazuaede tyou can truast zour chilt./ in any case m secondaty school ad 800 meters aqaway so not ,uchn further
d to do tha

Mine isn't at school yet as she's only one but I'd thought I'd add in that my closest primary school is a 30 second walk :haha: Just at the top of my road!

Mine isn't at school yet as she's only one but I'd thought I'd add in that my closest primary school is a 30 second walk :haha: Just at the top of my road!
preerttt cool

i leave here at 8.30, and get home at 9.30, so takes an hour to take her and come home lol. its not that far but i dont want fast and DD walks the whole way.

I have a slight problem. DD playschool is ^^^ that one, right next to is a school. a really good school. when ds goes playschool he will be going that ^^ too, and DD will be at school. BUT theres a school just down the road from us, i dont know which one to put her in, because once DS finshes playschool he wil be going to same school, which would be the same walk every day until she they finish school.. or out her in one down here and then walk to that school and playschool everyday? hmnm choices choices

Ours is like a 15 minute walk when Dylans with me, but if I was by myself I could maybe do it in 5 :)

My sons currently at nursery which is a 10 minute drive away (40 minute walk). He'll be going to a different school next September the nearest good one is about a 15 minute walk on my own but make that 30 with a 4 year old!

My sons currently at nursery which is a 10 minute drive away (40 minute walk). He'll be going to a different school next September the nearest good one is about a 15 minute walk on my own but make that 30 with a 4 year old!

It's amazing how quickly they learn to walk. I was dreading our walk to school. I can do it in 15min on my own or with both in a pushchair. I was prepared for a 30 min walk when DS started school but within a few days he was doing it in just under 20 min. He does go on his balance bike though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->