How full is a full bladder??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Alibeebs, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Alibeebs

Alibeebs Mother of 1

I've got my scan at 9.30am tomorrow morning.

There is no way i can get out of bed and not go to the loo.

Just wondering how full you need to be?? :rofl:

xx

2. ninab

ninab Mum to Luke and Alice

I don't really know now as it is 12 years since I had my first son. I do however remember the woman pressing down really hard near my bladder and thinking I was going to burst, so I think you may need to drink quite a bit!

3. buffycat

buffycat mummy to Enid & Anna...

my scan was at 10amish.....couldn't avoid the first trip of the day.....but i topped up with a bottle of water (500ml) just before (and a quick walk in cold air....enough to get the bladder going!)

good luck though!

:hugs:

4. ellie

ellie Mum to Kalden

mine was at 4.30pm, I had my last wee at about 3.00pm then drank a little bottle of water on the way, then 3 or 4 glasses of water waiting to go in, and that did the trick - my bladder was HUGE which the sonographer was pleased with and OH found hilarious :)

5. DaisyBee

DaisyBee Mom of 2

I had a very early unplanned ultrasound - and they actually brought me in the room and started it & my bladder wasnt full enough.. (they had me drink 3 big things of water) they had me keep drinking - it was all sitting in my stomach - by the time I felt like I had to pee really bad - thats when they said it was when we could start again.

6. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

I seem to remember reading somewhere you should try and drink a couple of pints of liquid an hour before, so maybe you can get up, pee and start drinking straight away!

7. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

I didn't drink any water at all when I went to my ultrasound appointment. I came up with an exceptionally clear pic for being 8 weeks and the nurse didn't complain at all. Hmmm...:shrug:

8. emma2810

emma2810 Mummy to 2 boys :)

9. willow77

willow77 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've just come back from mine today, I drank a pint and half of water at 11.30 (nothing before) - I had to pee at 12.30 as could barely move was so uncomfortable. When went in for scan at 1.00, nurse mentioned how full my bladder still was and asked me to go and have a wee as couldn't get a clear pic.

Think next time I will just have half a pint or something. Guess we all must be different though and either way they can get you to have a quick wee or have a glass of water if needed.

Goodluck for tomorrow xx

10. CatStorey

CatStorey Mum to Chloe and Tom :)

Its strange. On my letter for my scan it said I didn't need to have a full bladder. I had a very clear picture of the baby and the nurse seemed very happy.

11. ClaireLouise

ClaireLouise Well-Known Member

Mine is next Tuesday and i have been told in my letter that an hour before my appointment i need to drink a pint of water. I may drink just under this, cos they can always ask me to drink a little more when i get there rather than me drink too much and then have to pee it all out!

Make sure you let them know if your full bladder becomes too uncomfortable though :loo: you dont want leave yourself with a lovely wet patch!

12. pheobe

pheobe Well-Known Member

Hi Hun,
    Jaydee is correct, 1-2 pints of liquid an hour before (still got my info sheet from the MW)
    Good Luck xxx

13. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

at my scan at 7w4d i didnt even feel like i needed a wee..and got a very clear scan thru my tummy... my letter says to drink half a pint an hour before

xx