How full is a full bladder??

Alibeebs

Mother of 1
Reaction score
I've got my scan at 9.30am tomorrow morning.

There is no way i can get out of bed and not go to the loo.

Just wondering how full you need to be?? :rofl:

xx

I don't really know now as it is 12 years since I had my first son. I do however remember the woman pressing down really hard near my bladder and thinking I was going to burst, so I think you may need to drink quite a bit!

my scan was at 10amish.....couldn't avoid the first trip of the day.....but i topped up with a bottle of water (500ml) just before (and a quick walk in cold air....enough to get the bladder going!)

good luck though!

:hugs:

mine was at 4.30pm, I had my last wee at about 3.00pm then drank a little bottle of water on the way, then 3 or 4 glasses of water waiting to go in, and that did the trick - my bladder was HUGE which the sonographer was pleased with and OH found hilarious :)

I had a very early unplanned ultrasound - and they actually brought me in the room and started it & my bladder wasnt full enough.. (they had me drink 3 big things of water) they had me keep drinking - it was all sitting in my stomach - by the time I felt like I had to pee really bad - thats when they said it was when we could start again.

I seem to remember reading somewhere you should try and drink a couple of pints of liquid an hour before, so maybe you can get up, pee and start drinking straight away!

I didn't drink any water at all when I went to my ultrasound appointment. I came up with an exceptionally clear pic for being 8 weeks and the nurse didn't complain at all. Hmmm...:shrug:

mine is at 8:40am on monday and im trying to decide wether to just try and 'hold it' lol
theres now way i'll be able to drink 2-never mind 3 glasses of water 1st thing on a morning!

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev344pr___.png

Hi,

I've just come back from mine today, I drank a pint and half of water at 11.30 (nothing before) - I had to pee at 12.30 as could barely move was so uncomfortable. When went in for scan at 1.00, nurse mentioned how full my bladder still was and asked me to go and have a wee as couldn't get a clear pic.

Think next time I will just have half a pint or something. Guess we all must be different though and either way they can get you to have a quick wee or have a glass of water if needed.

Goodluck for tomorrow xx

Its strange. On my letter for my scan it said I didn't need to have a full bladder. I had a very clear picture of the baby and the nurse seemed very happy.

Mine is next Tuesday and i have been told in my letter that an hour before my appointment i need to drink a pint of water. I may drink just under this, cos they can always ask me to drink a little more when i get there rather than me drink too much and then have to pee it all out!

Make sure you let them know if your full bladder becomes too uncomfortable though :loo: you dont want leave yourself with a lovely wet patch!

Hi Hun,
Jaydee is correct, 1-2 pints of liquid an hour before (still got my info sheet from the MW)
Good Luck xxx

at my scan at 7w4d i didnt even feel like i needed a wee..and got a very clear scan thru my tummy... my letter says to drink half a pint an hour before

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->