how hard should bump be?

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies, how hard is your bump supposed to be at 33 weeks? My bump feels constantly hard unless i lay down. Its so uncomfortable, i feel like im gonna burst. Ive had plenty of BH's so im not sure its those, i cant feel any pain etc it just feels really uncomfy and my bump is absolutely massive (came back to wrk today after 2 weeks off, everyone is saying how huge i am and i feel like shit). Its worse after food and on a night i feel like my bump could explode!! i also cant walk anywhere without feeling like ive got a rope round my middle its so tight and big. Ive been told my baby is bigger than average and i have high normal fluid levels but ive metioned the tight bump to my consultant and MW and they just said its normal but surely it cant be? i constantly feel like ive just ate a 5 course dinner!!

Any thoughts?

I dont know what to say huni other than mine feels the same!! it softens if I sit in a certain position but other than that it is solid and feels really uncomfortable xxxx sorry cant give you any answers but your not alone xxxx

I dont know what to say huni other than mine feels the same!! it softens if I sit in a certain position but other than that it is solid and feels really uncomfortable xxxx sorry cant give you any answers but your not alone xxxx

thanks rozzle :hugs: glad to know im not alone. Roll on may!! xx

Oh yes!! roll on may!! Although Im certain im having an april baby....baby is already 4/5 engaged and I keep getting all symptoms that she is ready lol plus all the way along Iv been told by mw and dr that she will be early and was at hospital on fri and doc there said she didnt think it would be long at all...im happy to have made it this far tho after being told I would have a preemie xxxx hopefully your lo will be born soon (not too soon obv ) and be happy and healthy which im sure baba will be :D xxx

Oh yes!! roll on may!! Although Im certain im having an april baby....baby is already 4/5 engaged and I keep getting all symptoms that she is ready lol plus all the way along Iv been told by mw and dr that she will be early and was at hospital on fri and doc there said she didnt think it would be long at all...im happy to have made it this far tho after being told I would have a preemie xxxx hopefully your lo will be born soon (not too soon obv ) and be happy and healthy which im sure baba will be :D xxx

Oh woww how exciting. Why did they think you would have a preemie if you dont mind me asking? you've done really well getting this far then :) hopefully she will make an appearance in April. Id love to give birth at about 37/38. The thought of going over terrifies me its not fun being this uncomfy all the time. When i got checked at the hospital the other day they said i was 3/5 engaged, i was quite chuffed because he had previously been breech. xxx

Oh woww how exciting. Why did they think you would have a preemie if you dont mind me asking? you've done really well getting this far then :) hopefully she will make an appearance in April. Id love to give birth at about 37/38. The thought of going over terrifies me its not fun being this uncomfy all the time. When i got checked at the hospital the other day they said i was 3/5 engaged, i was quite chuffed because he had previously been breech. xxx

Mainly because i was told I couldnt have babies because of pcos...and because my mother had myself and my brother prematurely (32 weeks) and because the reason was never properly investigated they arent sure if she had or has a genetic reason why she had 2 prem babies and as my gynae history has been very similar to hers they werent sure I would be the same...so I think some of it is docs not being sure at all lol xxxx Iv also been given induction date of 7th may, am due 3rd may so luckily they are not letting me go too over lol if i make it that far xxx

I think it's normal. Mine is tight and hard too. I'm frightened to think that I have five weeks to go, ahhhhh!!! My bump is huge.

I'm pretty sure mine was rock hard for the last 10 weeks or so. My midwife used to always comment that I really was "all baby" which I didn't really understand. I actually think from when I first got a proper bump that it was rock solid. Some of my friends' bumps have been softer but mine never was and I didn't have a big baby at all, only 6lbs 2 x

Hi ladies, how hard is your bump supposed to be at 33 weeks? My bump feels constantly hard unless i lay down. Its so uncomfortable, i feel like im gonna burst. Ive had plenty of BH's so im not sure its those, i cant feel any pain etc it just feels really uncomfy and my bump is absolutely massive (came back to wrk today after 2 weeks off, everyone is saying how huge i am and i feel like shit). Its worse after food and on a night i feel like my bump could explode!! i also cant walk anywhere without feeling like ive got a rope round my middle its so tight and big. Ive been told my baby is bigger than average and i have high normal fluid levels but ive metioned the tight bump to my consultant and MW and they just said its normal but surely it cant be? i constantly feel like ive just ate a 5 course dinner!!

Any thoughts?

I'm feeling exactly the same, I'm now 34+2 and have been told my baby is bigger than average and that I am carrying more fluid than normal. My bump is rock hard and I am feeling really uncomfortable, my back is constantly killing me and my maternity clothes are getting a bit tight... I am so fed up! Roll on May... if I make it till then :)

Mine is still soft a bit but I had some extra padding to begin with. Just over the past week (33+2 today) or so I've definitely felt more "full" and uncomfortable, and I think if I hadn't started out with that padding it'd definitely be rock hard!

I've only just entered second trimester and am 27 weeks and my belly's been rock hard most of the past 2 days. I'm only 5 foot and have a 'short' tummy so I guess there's just nowhere else she can go. It worries me though as so early and stupidly scared it'll burst! OH thinks I'm mad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->