How have things changed since last Christmas?

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
How has your life changed since last Christmas ?

Mine hasnt really changed at all,
Daniel is still studying and living at home, Darragh will be a year old in 10 weeks time :wacko: and things are going great with Dan being a dad, he has taken to it really well and seems to be a natural :cloud9:

Declan has had a few problems, had a few diagnoses and a few more clinics to attend but all-in-all its good, he will be 10 in October, cannot believe that the baby in my house is almost 10, where have the years went :shrug:

Nothing for me has changed, still working the same job and getting on with it, cant believe I will be turning 40 next year :wacko: sometimes I feel like I am still 18 and have to remind myself that I am an almost 40 year old grandmother :blush:

Anyway thats me, how has everyones 2017 been so far? :flower:

I finished my college course and passed so thats been a releif
Harvey starts school in september!
And we should be moving house soon.
Other than that not much change.

Not much has changed here. Holly will be going into year 1 in September. James is into everything and full of tantrums!

Hmm last year I was depressed and miserable, I couldn't even do Christmas so I spent a lot of it alone.

Now I'm in a lovely new house, got a lovely man who I've been seeing since March and Ive got my Christmas spirit back. Rory starts school in September too, no idea how it's came round so fast! Xx

I'm happier :thumbup: Iv realised I can do it alone and that actually I much prefer it that way.
We have moved house, I have a new job and DS2 will have started school and DD started nursery.
We've acquired 7 new pets too :blush: five guinea pigs and two rabbits.

Nothing drastic thankfully but Thomas is due to have an operation in the next few weeks. Still no diagnosis other than everything switching to a learning disability because of his age. He's doing well, he's dry day and night now. We had some input from a behavioural service for sn kids but unfortunately a lot of his behaviour is due to his delays. Looked into respite but nothing is available in our area until he's 8.

I got a diagnosis of postnatal OCD a few months back. Coping without medication right now but seriously considering it. I've been in a bit of a rage all evening. Came home from being out most of the day, started cleaning and suddenly everything just felt too much I don't have enough hours to get it all done and mess is starting to make my skin crawl. Feeling really teary. Thomas hit me in the face before bed tonight because it was time to put his iPad away. He didn't have it all day yesterday because of his behaviour in the morning when it's time to brush his teeth/have a pee etc. He's 6 now I just can't carry him anymore.

He's in a sn sports camp next week (coming home every day). I'm only letting him go because he will have a 1:1. Looking forward to the break to be honest and it's only been just over a week since he and Sean got back from York on a birthday trip to the national railway museum.

We are looking for our first home to buy which isn't going well so we don't even know where we will be come Christmas. My oldest is going into grade 1 and was diagnosed high-functioning asd. He also has strabismus which we will find out in the next while if he needs eye surgery. I've been struggling with my own issues worse this year. But Christmas is my fav time of year so things usually look up a bit in Nov-Dec. Other than that things haven't changed much. My daughter wants every toy and my son hardly plays with toys so I anticipate a struggle to keep the presents "fair" again this year!

I finished my college course and passed so thats been a releif
Harvey starts school in september!
And we should be moving house soon.
Other than that not much change.

Congratulations on passing your course :thumbup:

Hmm last year I was depressed and miserable, I couldn't even do Christmas so I spent a lot of it alone.

Now I'm in a lovely new house, got a lovely man who I've been seeing since March and Ive got my Christmas spirit back. Rory starts school in September too, no idea how it's came round so fast! Xx

So happy for you :cloud9:

We will have had a few changes this year that have made it a more difficult year for us.

My husband who has worked part time (same as me) since DD1 was born is going back to work full time in a totally new job. Means that I'll have to be in charge of the house more, including cooking which I hate. We have loved being at home part time with the girls but we have so much work to do on our house/cars etc we just need more money....
My work has been ok but the volunteer work I do for the girls nursery has been time consuming and stressful so I'll be giving that up soon.
DD1 starts school in September, she can't wait, I don't want her to go.
We have had a falling out with MIL well actually she had decided we have wronged her somehow and cut us including the children from her life, without going into to much detail she is not a nice person so no loss to us, we just tried to keep the peace but she is just horrible... Means less presents to buy this year....every cloud lol.

Sounds like a bad year but it hasn't been, we are now approaching my most favourite season. Both girls birthdays in September then planning for Christmas.

Glad to see everyone else has had a good year so far. X

This makes me sad THIS time last year i was poorly BUT happy as a family of 3. Now I am here on my own. EX DH ( or FOB NOW) left me and took DS because of my MH problem.

I am dreading Christmas BUT likely to be spending it with my best friend at her mums.

BUT i have managed to prove I can live on my own ( strugglying at times) The cat is great company. My MH is so much betterthan it was this time last year and i can do short trips on my own.

BUT i miss FOB and DS so so much xxxx

sorry your apart from your little one topsy hopefully you will still be able to have some special time with him over the holiday . Glad your in a better place mentally.

Nothing much has changed for us either . DD1 stars full time school in September I don't want her to go but looking forward to more 1/1 time with DD2 playgroups etc. DD2 will be 2 (gone too quick !) on 5 December ! .

Other than that same old (thankfully )

The grotto is open :happydance:
Since last Christmas I have had baby no 3 so really looking forward to having another one to shop for

Last Christmas I was a primary school teacher on maternity leave with a 10 day old baby and my eldest was in school part time. This Christmas I will have started my new job in finance, I'm 1 exam away from qualifying as a bookkeeper, my eldest is in school full time and my youngest is into everything, currently trying his best to crawl so will probably be walking/on the verge of walking this Christmas.

This makes me sad THIS time last year i was poorly BUT happy as a family of 3. Now I am here on my own. EX DH ( or FOB NOW) left me and took DS because of my MH problem.

I am dreading Christmas BUT likely to be spending it with my best friend at her mums.

BUT i have managed to prove I can live on my own ( strugglying at times) The cat is great company. My MH is so much betterthan it was this time last year and i can do short trips on my own.

BUT i miss FOB and DS so so much xxxx

So sorry to hear about your break-up and little one but glad to hear you are in a much better place mentally :) Hopefully you will get to see your little one over he holidays :hugs:

Not many changes for us here.

Mark is still working the same job but did get a raise.

I'm still doing childcare in my home.

Jake is going to high school.

Kayleigh is going into grade 3.

Still same pets lol... only differences are we're finally getting around to some house upgrades (cheap ones).

Gracie took her first steps on Christmas Day last year. Now, she's a proper walking talking toddler who actually understands Christmas properly. That will be different.

my partner is finally leaving his job and his redundancy money comes in before Christmas so that will be nice. He has been off work sick on and off since before I was pregnant. He is going to be a stay at home dad until we find something which he loves, we can afford for him to do this so that's a really positive thing!

We are also going to be debt free by December, mortgage aside. This is the first time in our entire relationship!

We got married, bought a house and a TTC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->