How have things changed since last Christmas?

We are expecting baby no. 2, a boy due in January. This will be my DDs last christmas as an only so we want to make it super special for her.

My OH has changed job and loves it. Its mon-fri no shift work anymore so works much better for us as a family. My DD does 2 half days and 1 full day at nursery and is such a joy.

I should be off for the majority of December this year with matetnity leave/holidays which i am looking forward to.

The biggest change here is that we are now a family of 4 so this Christmas will be DS's first one. He will be 10 months by then and while I'm really excited i cant help feeling very sad about how fast the time seems to go!

Not much has changed here. We are all a year older, sadly no new additions to the family.
My husband had open heart surgery in January which was a scary time, but thankfully it all went well.
My eldest son is starting secondary school next month which feels pretty big.

Not much has changed here. We are all a year older, sadly no new additions to the family.
My husband had open heart surgery in January which was a scary time, but thankfully it all went well.

Goodness motherofboys, that must have been so stressful for your family to go through. So glad to hear it went well though x

Nothing has really changed here at all. Not really sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

Some big changes for us. This year is our first as a family of four, our second son's first Christmas. He will be almost 5 months old.

Our financial situation has changed quite a lot and we're worse off than we were this time last year, so trying to calm down my Christmas spending this year. Although I was going to do that anyway as we have only been in our house 4 years and it's already cluttered to the max!

Christmas Day will be different for us this year too. We plan to stay at home and have people come to us if they want to see us. Rather than have to travel around to everyone with two littles.

Still excited as ever!!! Can't wait.

We are now a family of 4 and our little boy will be 11 months at Christmas time :)

Both kids are doing well. Connor starts year 2 in September and saskia is at nursery now.

I got a new much higher paying job which means I'll get the whole of Christmas and new year off :happydance: OH got a promotion and may have another one soon.

All in all, a good year x

This year my DD will be in y1 and my DS will be in preschool for 2 days a week.
Last year I worked a lot but this year I've taken all of Christmas and New Year off as annual leave, so super excited about this.
Other than that everything else remains the same

Glad to hear all went well with your husband :flower:

We got married in Cyprus in June, had the most amazing day (but my son broke his heart as he wanted to marry me, watching it back on our dvd makes me cry every time).
Alex is starting year 1 in September and Scarlett is starting playgroup.
I've also got a job in the launderette up by my mum's, only a few hours a week, not much but a bit of extra money and opportunity to pick up more hours.

Lots has changed for us. I got a new job as an auxiliary nurse and am hoping to go on to study nursing. We found out we're having our 3rd baby boy, due in November. We also managed to sell our flat after a long wait and are spending our first Christmas as a family of 5 in our proper family home.

Glad to hear all went well with your husband :flower:

Goodness motherofboys, that must have been so stressful for your family to go through. So glad to hear it went well though x

Thanks, it was a very worrying time as he was diagnosed just after we lost his dad to the same thing. They had to repair a valve in hid heart. His most recent echo showed that all is well so it's just a case of yearly check ups now

I love that Santa's Grotto is open! :happydance:

Since last Christmas I have finished my studies and will be starting a new job in my qualified field!

Husband is healthy (He was quite sick last Christmas)

By Christmas we will be TTC #2 (Or hopefully pregnant) :yellow:

Almost no change in my life! Living in the same place, I changed departments at work but working in the same place. Still not TTC. Writing it down it sounds like zero progress. :shrug:

Nothing huge but DS will have started school, DD will be 18 months and so a lot more into everything than last Christmas! I'm starting an A level in Biology in September with a view to started a part time degree in SALT next year. Eek. DH wants us to do Christmas day just the 4 of us and I've agreed, I need ideas to make it really special as to me Christmas has always been about wider family. We'll still see everyone Christmas eve or Boxing day though.

We've bought a house so first in our new house :) but most happy about the fact my husband will be here for the build up this year, last year he was away for 4 months until a few days before. Very excited for Christmas this year, Christmas shopping will start in America in October :)

Nothing huge but DS will have started school, DD will be 18 months and so a lot more into everything than last Christmas! I'm starting an A level in Biology in September with a view to started a part time degree in SALT next year. Eek. DH wants us to do Christmas day just the 4 of us and I've agreed, I need ideas to make it really special as to me Christmas has always been about wider family. We'll still see everyone Christmas eve or Boxing day though.

ooo i've just qualified as an SLT :)

Hmm not too much has changed her. Kids have gotten bigger & we are working the same jobs.

We go on holiday to Majorca in three weeks which will be Freya's first holiday abroad and we are expecting our fourth baby right before Christmas - a son after three daughters!

DS2 was born in March so this will be his first christmas. DS1 starts preschool next week. We'll hopefully be moving house soon. Other than that everything is the same :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->