how high should heartbeat be at 16 weeks?

hopedance

Sam's mum and pregnant
Reaction score
hi,

i am just wondering where i should be finding the heart beat. in my pregnancy book, it says i should be able to feel the uterus about 7cm below my belly button, but i don't know what i'm feeling for... when i use the doppler though, to listen to the heart beat? i am finding it about 1cm below my belly button? is that too high?

i started worrying that it might be twins, because it is so high.. i had a scan at 7+5 and there was only one, but she didn't really look for a 2nd as it was only to make sure the pregnancy wasn't ectopic and she only took about 30 seconds to do what she needed to do.

so today, i was wondering about this, and i moved the doppler all over my tummy, and i can pick it up really loudly in 3 places - one right below my belly button, once about 2cm below my belly button but about 4-5cm to the right, and again right down low on the left hand side. so i am just wondering if you can pick up the baby's heart beat from pointing it at any part of the baby, like if i am getting a foot down low and a hand up high or something, or can it only pick up the heart beat if you point it at the baby's heart?

i'm just wondering if any of you ladies who have had scans and know it is definitely only one baby can tell me that you can pick up the heart beat high and low too?

edited to add - i know you can pick up the placenta too, but that sounds quite different i think, it is the sort of higher pitched one right? i have been finding that as well!

U can usually find the echo of the heartbeat in about 3 different places (midwife showed me) i can usually hear mine low under the belly button and over on the right by my hip

that is SUCH a relief to hear, thank you so much. i think i would completely freak out if i were having two, lol, one is scary enough!

just wanted to mention that if you had two in there they probably would have been fairly obvious at your early scan, mine were detected easily at 6 weeks. also when you find the heart rate in different place with twins you can usually tell by them also having different heart rates. one of mine is 139 and the other 151. so if the rate is the same but in different places is probably just one babe in there. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->