How is your homebirth planning going?

Hi reiko. I'm also a bit nervous about how fast this one will be. As for things you need I don't think it's much really. Just some plastic sheeting to protect your floors, sofas and bed. Maybe some old sheets or blankets to put over the top and plenty of towels! I've got a stash of those bed pads from when mine were potty training so will probably use those too! 😁 also a portable heater for when the baby is born. My lo struggled to get up to temperature after she was born. Xx

Hey ladies I see there is a few more that have added to the conversation! How exciting for you all.

I ended up getting kicked out of my homebirth program due to having a partial placental abruption last pregnancy which sucks so we have had to completely change our hospital and plans but it has actually worked out better as we will be closer to home now where as we were travelling interstate to have the homebirth (back to our home town where family is)
But we have decided to birth at home well the hospital house we are staying in which backs onto the hospital right up until transition or maybe even a whoops it’s to late lol it’s about a 4 minute walk into the birthing unit from where we will stay so we will see. Willow blossom not long for you now!!

Oh no kirstie that sucks but at least you have a plan sorted! Hopfully things will happen quickly so you won't need to move across and just have your baby at home!! 😁 yes not long now! I have decided not to go for a pool now. I've had my homebirth appointment so gave been given the go ahead! 😁 very excited but starting to get a bit nervous now. the last 36 weeks have flown by!!

That's awesome Willow! Only a few more weeks! I see your others were a few days early!

Thanks reiko! I really hope this one comes early too!! I'm getting fed up of being pregnant now! Would also like to avoid another December baby!!! 😁 😁

Yeah I have a december baby too and it's not my favorite! Disrupts holidays big time.

I no its a nightmare! My dd is a new years eve baby. My hubby and both my parents have birthdays in December too! 😁

I also have 2 December babies and it does suck they are the 18th and 19th December it’s just to close to Christmas!!

On the birth note I seriously have no idea what I am going to be doing my obstetric gp and midwife I see in town think I should go to Adelaide not Port ausgusta where I am booked in as it is still a country hospital and aren’t as up to date as the city one (Adelaide) which means we have to pay for a minimum of 4 weeks of accommodation to have our baby if we go that way. This pregnancy has just been so stressful!
I have my booking in appointment on Tuesday and then my morphology scan on 24th so I guess we will make a decision after those two things and see what the hospital and scan tells us.

I hope your travelling well willow will be waiting to hear the news :)

Oh I hope all goes well at your booking appointment. I'm keeping well just very fed up now. Hoping I won't have to wait too much longer!! 😁

Hoping this next little bit speeds by for you Willow! When you get to term it can just drag!

Not long now willow I bet you are counting down. It’s only what a week until around the time you had your first two?? How exciting!
I am only 20 weeks and already fed up lol I am really not looking forward to being pregnant through all the hot months!
We made the jump to Adelaide we found a place which was really reasonably priced and just feel so much better about the whole situation. The only downfall is it’s a half an hr drive to the hospital from where we are staying and if everything goes well with this pregnancy and I get to go to term my labor’s are super fast. My last natural before my induction birth was 2hrs 10 minutes so we will have to keep a close eye on my contractions lol.
I so wish I was having a home birth for my last pregnancy it would have been so nice :(

I'm so sorry you probably won't get your homebirth :-( but Hopfully you can still have a nice quick natural birth! How is your pregnancy going? Not long for me now, I'm so fed up and getting really uncomfortable. Just can't wait now!! Getting impatient 😂 xx

It’s horrible to be honest. I feel awful saying that but it is just so hard with the 3 boys and being pregnant. My hyperemesis seems to be coming back and I have had the flu for 3 weeks which I was finally getting over and then my eldest decided it would be a good idea to shove his ear full of fabric at school and not tell anyone until 3 days later so 4hrs at the hospital and almost a week later and he is so sick the infection is so bad and spread to his other ear and throat so we have had roughly 6hrs broken sleep in 3 days so I am now run down again and have vertigo do couch ridden today. I always have tough pregnancies until I hit 3rd tri apart from my last when where it all went down hill in 3rd tri but usually that is my best part of my pregnancy so hoping the next 8 weeks fly by and I start to enjoy the last tri like I usually do. It has been kind of consuming me a bit and making me quite miserable which sucks I can usually get past all the bad and enjoy my pregnancy but this time it just has me so down. Sorry for the long miserable rant :( on a brighter note I feel the baby kicking and moving all the time now which is a nice thing :)
I hope baby is kind to you and shows up in the next week there is nothing worse than feeling fed up.

Kirstie that sound mis. I honestly don't blame you for being miserable. I have really unenjoyable pregnancies too other than a few weeks here or there, but I always forget when I'm not pregnant and think "I love being pregnant I can't wait!" But it's actually brutal. I'm the worst pregnant lady!! You have my sympathy!!

I think because this baby was very unplanned and we had decided we didn’t want anymore we were just in the beginning discussions of hubby going to get the snip it has been harder to accept being so unwell again but oh well I have to just suck it up I guess lol.

So I am having a little mini freak out right now. For about 3 weeks I have been having really watery discharge and pain so I was sent for a scan and unfortunately got a tech was misdiagnosed my placental abruption last pregnant (said I didn’t have one when I did) and she said everything looked fine, she is so rude and tries to get you in and out as quick as she can. Anyway so it was still happening so I bought some amniosense amino pads that have a yellow test strip in the middle of it turns blue or green it means you are leaking fluid so I put one on yesterday and after about 10 hours it turned a light bluey green but not really noticeable so thought I’d put one in this morning and see and then make a decision, after 20 minutes it has turned blue. I am just waiting for my midwife to get into work and then call her and have it checked out. I am going to be furious if it is fluid like I suspected and that rude lady once again misdiagnosed me!

I think because this baby was very unplanned and we had decided we didn’t want anymore we were just in the beginning discussions of hubby going to get the snip it has been harder to accept being so unwell again but oh well I have to just suck it up I guess lol.

So I am having a little mini freak out right now. For about 3 weeks I have been having really watery discharge and pain so I was sent for a scan and unfortunately got a tech was misdiagnosed my placental abruption last pregnant (said I didn’t have one when I did) and she said everything looked fine, she is so rude and tries to get you in and out as quick as she can. Anyway so it was still happening so I bought some amniosense amino pads that have a yellow test strip in the middle of it turns blue or green it means you are leaking fluid so I put one on yesterday and after about 10 hours it turned a light bluey green but not really noticeable so thought I’d put one in this morning and see and then make a decision, after 20 minutes it has turned blue. I am just waiting for my midwife to get into work and then call her and have it checked out. I am going to be furious if it is fluid like I suspected and that rude lady once again misdiagnosed me!

Well that's a bit scary. How far along are you? I would definitely write up a complaint about that tech, sounds like she is absolutely doing a terrible job!! Hope it all turns out ok xx

I am 21 weeks tomorrow but went into labor at 30 weeks it pregnancy at at 2cm dilated when I arrived at the hospital with pain but they managed to stop the labor and I was on bed rest as that’s when they found the abruption as well. So I had a feeling this time it might happen sooner this is my 4th baby and each one has had more and more complications.
I have an appointment in half an hr so hoping I can get some answers. I will definitely be calling and writing a formal complaint if this does turn out to be amniotic fluid and if they find another abruption as my dr has already suspected it is happening again. I live in a small country town so we have limited options for care. My hospital is a 6hr drive from where I live so I will be flown out today from our little hospital if it turns out positive. The place I had the scans were at another small country hospital 3hrs from where I live and over the last year the funding from the government has decreased and so the care has also which is really disappointing.

Oh my goodness that is so scary. Sending positive thoughts your way mama! Hoping baby is ok and they can deal with whatever is actually going on. Update when you know xx

Thanks hun. I am trying to stay calm until I get a definite answer. 21 weeks is so early!!!
Hopefully will know soon and will update

My dr called the out of town hospital and they have started me on antibiotics. I have a scan booked for Saturday (it’s tuesday here) and then I am to go straight into the hospital after my scan to be tested there and then go from there. I am so hoping it’s just a dodgy batch and it’s nothig

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->