How late can I see my GP? Wrong section sorry

Halle71

Pregnant with number 2!
Reaction score
I am just over six weeks pregnant and wondering if I can leave it a couple of weeks until I see my doctor for the first time?

And when I see my GP is the next appointment with a midwife or is it the 12 week scan?

I keep having to cancel appointments because of work. I'm a freelancer and have only been in my job for 3 weeks so it is extremely difficult to take time off, even a couple of hours. I don't have the same rights as a permanent staff member and even if I did I cannot tell them. Aaaagghhhh. It's so difficult.

Thanks

Hx

Hello and Congratulations! Some people don't even realise they are pregnant until 12 weeks or more so it won't be the end of the world if it takes you another couple of weeks. However, antenatal care is very important...the midwife likes to see you around 10 weeks and then scan at around 12 weeks and you've got to be referred for your appointments so it's best not to leave it too late. You don't necessarily have tosee your doctor...many (mine included) are happy to take your word for it that you've had a positive test...so you could just ring your GP's surgery and explain you can't come in but would like to be referred to midwife and for scan. Worth a try. Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->