How late was you before testing positive?!

LoolaXx

TTC our first!
Reaction score
Firstly i do apologise if this isn't allowed here, please remove if so :dohh: but I thought this would be the best section as you lovely ladies have all recently had your BFP! :pink: :blue: congrats!:happydance:

I'll try make it as short as possible - I'm normally super regular as in 28 day cycles on the dot, always have been. AF was due last wednesday (15th), no sign of her which at first made me happy. No cramps, sore boobs, anything. The day after (CD29) I had 1 spot of browny blood and that has been it. I'm now CD33 and after taking various types of tests along the way i'm still getting BFN's. :growlmad: I haven't really had any symptoms as such but I did have to go to bed mid afternoon yesterday as I literally couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and I have been coming out in hot sweats for no reason, and a few times come over really sicky but haven't actually been sick (although i think i'm starting to convince myself I feel this way!) It's really strange and i'm not entirely sure what to do:nope:

I'm hoping that the 1 spot of brown blood was implantation and maybe I o'd late last month? who knows.. :shrug:

So basically how late was you before testing positive? today i'm 5 days and I can't think of any other reason as to why AF hasn't turned up by now if it isn't pregnancy but we shall see
Thanks ladies <3 xx

I had 28 day cycles too before I got my BFP!

I had BFNs right up until CD28 and then what I thought was AF turned up 1 day late, was heavy, full of clots and completely painless. I ended up testing on what would have been CD4 and got my BFP on a tesco's own brand! I only tested because I usually bleed for at least 6 days and it hurts like hell.

I've had a handful of ultrasounds since and my baby is perfecto! Good luck on your result xx

:dust:

Always early for me by about 4-5 days

Congrats kirsty :)

THart- really? a lot of people say the same but then I read a thread this morning saying they shouldn't sell tests to be 99% accurate on the day of missed period as it can take up to 6 weeks pregnant before getting a positive apparently so I guess i'm holding onto that tiny bit of hope for now!

I was 2 days prior to my missed period but I've heard the same thing you mentioned in your previous post. Keep testing and hopefully you'll get that BFP soon! :)

:dust:

I got mine early this time - in the evening at 9dpo

Hope you will get yours soon :)

Got a squinter at 10dpo, BFP at 11dpo, so early.

I was 16dpo so right around the time my period would have been due. I have 30-32 day cycles. GL:flower:

Squinter on a cheapie at 8dpo
Negatives on FRER 9dpo
Positive on Clearblue (plus sign type in avatar) at 11dpo

I had 31 day cycles and the clear positive was 3-4 days before my missed period.

Congrats kirsty :)

THart- really? a lot of people say the same but then I read a thread this morning saying they shouldn't sell tests to be 99% accurate on the day of missed period as it can take up to 6 weeks pregnant before getting a positive apparently so I guess i'm holding onto that tiny bit of hope for now!
Defiantly don't give up yet! I think I'm lucky to have gotten mine early. I have a few friends from here that got theirs after af was due and some during what they thought was their period but was just a bleed of some sort. I'll keep my fx for you!

I thought of something actually helpful to add! I was 9 days "late" when I got my BFP with DS, but I was really only about 10dpo, I ovulated quite late that cycle. Unless you know when you ovulate, how do you really know when AF is "late"?

I was 19dpo before i got my bfp. I was around 5 days late. Dont give up hope. Also buy a different make of test and try it.

You honestly don't want to know how many different brands I've used including digital clear blues! xx

goodness i wasnt late at all. i was 8 dpo when i tested positive on dollar tests and on frer.

Not late at all. 11 dpo for DS and this pregnancy too, but I do track my cycles so know what to look for.

Ok so I feel even more out of luck after reading all these early posts! :cry: still testing negative so I really don't know what to do. I give up with this cycle.

AF came two weeks late for me once. No reasoning behind it, she was just taking her sweet time. However, that being said I normally test a week late, minus this time I tested the day AF was due. I do know my cousin took 4 months to get a positive pregnancy test.

Tested again this morning with the first pee of the day which I normally forget to do as i'm always breaking my neck to go when I get up - and still as negative as could be! It's the most annoying thing in the world when you just want to crack on TTC, I should be coming up to this months ovulation before the month is out, now i'm clueless on what to do! apart from fatigue and hot sweats I don't have any symptoms, I guess my boobs are a little bit tender. ARGH i wish i knew what was happening :nope:

Stress and worry could be delaying your period. Your never out till the witch turns up so dont rule yourself out. If you do feel poorly go to the doctor and they will do a blood test which should give you a more definite answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->