How long after a chemical did you get your period?

mooncake76

Reaction score
OK so I'm on day 39 after a suspected chemical. I didn't test but bled from the day after my period should have come for almost 3 weeks and before had stupidly sore boobs, nausea at smells, very different to normal. Doc said that this is what she thought had happened. I've been ttc since the summer and never felt like this before. I'm normally a regular 27-29 day girl oving at cd15-17 based on opks and temps. Have no idea if ov this month, temps stayed low until 8 days ago (cd 32) but I had my ovulation pains on cd18 and fertile cm from cd24-28 so all normal clues making no sense!

After a ridiculous amount of googling, I've gotten no closer to working out what kinds of things can happen after a chemical. Can you ovulate? Can it be ages before your periods kick in again? I wanted the bleeding to stop so much earlier this month and now I'm frustrated that there is no bleeding! Feel totally in limbo. Oh, I tested on Boxing day and nothing, just a Big Fat Lonely Line. So not testing again til New Years Day (I have a stupid amount of staying power with poas). I did have some cramping a week ago and sore nipples but that has now gone. I feel nothing! Come on hormones.

Please post if you have experienced anything similar or can shed wisdom on this thing. Also - what is the best test? I used a poundland one this time - are they all different or is this just wishful thinking?:dohh:

I thought I would bump it for you Hun xxx

Hey Hun.
Sorry, I have no experience with chemicals, but I would recomend Clear Blue tests for accurancy. When I was pregnant in the summer, I had 3 negative First Response tests, followed by 3 positive Clear Blue tests. I have never tried a Poundland one, Im afraid.
Hope that helps?
xx

Hi mooncake....I had a chemical about 10 days ago, which was also the day I started bleeding (1 week later than my usual AF expected date). I counted it as a normal period, since it wasn't a whole lot different from my usual ones. Based on my regular cycles, I ovulate on CD 14. I'm hoping that it will be the same this time around, but I guess only time will tell. I'm not sure if this helps you any, but good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone. I have decided to count the temp rise as showing when I ovulated - I had a temp dip the day before too but this means I ovulated on cd32!! But, this is about 15 days after the bleeding stopped, so maybe this makes sense. We dtd then so who knows, I may still be in with a chance but currently feeling zero symptoms except bloating. Hope things are more straightforward for you Neffie x

Hiya, I guess my 5 week loss counts as a chemical as much as I hate that term.

I didn't get a period after that as I ovulated 18 days later and fell pregnant with Isabella who I then sadly lost :(

I think something like half of all cycles after a miscarriage are annovulatory but I also know a lot of people who have fallen pg on that cycle .x

Thanks for this. The term chemical is horrible. This was my second one (though the last one was a 5 weeks) and I've found it far more upsetting than people seem to think I should have.

I completely agree. Just because it can't be detected on an ultrasound, doesn't make it any different. The pain is still there.

Question for you vickie...did you have any bleeding once you started miscarrying? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my bleeding was a regular period, and that it was just 1 week late :shrug:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->