How long after baby did you go back to work FT?

A

AquaDementia

I am starting a new job on Monday (something I always hoped I would get), and it is killing me inside that I will be missing every morning with Mia. However, I really do need the money, there is no question about that, I just can't seem to find peace in being away from her. She will be well looked after by her grandma. The shifts would be 8-4.

You're lucky to have your family taking care of her. That's the only reason why Im not going back to work for a few years, I dont trust a stranger. If my mom was alive, I would have had her look after Keira.

I'm not ready to leave Erica yet. You are brave! My maternity leave is up now, and I cant bring myself to go back. I dont know when I'm going to be able to. She will barely even eat from anyone but me, how is a stranger gonna take care of her??

Your lucky her grandma can take care of her. My mom said she would help when she can, but thats like nights and weekends. I cant put her in daycare, I'm too scared.

You're lucky to have your family taking care of her. That's the only reason why Im not going back to work for a few years, I dont trust a stranger. If my mom was alive, I would have had her look after Keira.

Same for me. If I'd have family that would take care of Josh, I'd be going to University in september.

I'd like to stay with Ryan for a year at least - finances permitting of course. So far we are doing ok with hubby working only. Still intend to put him in a creche once or twice a week from when he is 6 months though - starting with 30mins and maybe up to half a day. Do him good to see some other kids as he spends most of his time around adults.

same with me, i wish i cud leave my baby and go work but i can`t, there would be noone to look after him. my parents are going back in 2 wks time back home in mauritius. so i`ll be just on me own with my OH parents. i`m on part time now so im hoping after a year to be able to get a suitable full time job. and that we have moved from OH parents house by then. as its getting on me nerves to stay here already...

Never went back full time. Part time only.

Im going back FT in November when Seth is 51/2 months I think. I am dreading it, but we can't do without my wage, and he's going to a nursery. The thought of it makes me sick now and its ages away.

I hope its ok for you hun. Im sure she'll be fine and very well looked after, but I can totally understand why you're nervous.

xxx

Im definetely not ready for full time work yet. I might be getting a part time job maybe 3 days a week and 5 hours a day but doing something that I love that will benefit me in the future... If I even think about working full time it upsets me.. my heart starts to race and I feel all anxious. So I know I'm not ready.

Good luck hun hope it works out and you enjoy your new job :)

I cannot imagine going back to work. I'm starting Uni in September, but am only going 6pm-9pm Mon-Thurs. It's killing me thinking about leaving him, and he will be with OH!! I've been getting really emotional about it. I will just sit and stare at him/his picture, and cannot imagine leaving him.. :(

I am going back to my full time job next february when my paid maternity leave is up. It will kill me but we can't do without the money. I am also lucky and my mam will be looking after Caitlyn

xx

30 weeks MAT leave I had (under the minimum) - It was 24 weeks but due to unexpected move I extended it :D

I don't go back to work until Feb but I go back to Uni in Sept when Jack is 4 months but it''s only 2/3 days a week and my nan will look after him :)
Although I really don't want to go to work, so we are going to see if we can manage without my wage as I think work, degree work and looking after Jack will be too much :(

My maternity pay runs out at the end of september and we can't afford for me not to work after that so I'm looking for fulltime work now and J's just over 4 months. I hate the thought of leaving him at nursery full-time but I just don't have any choice.

I am going back to work in the new year but was able to save all my hols so will have the first 12 weeks working 2.5 days a week on FT wage and then OH and I will prob go to a 4 day working week each (diff days off) and my mum will watch LO for the other 3 days.

i was back at work when mine were 5 month, i only work 16 hours and there both in a private nursery

im going back next thursday 2 nites a week! not looking forward to leaving lilly looking forward to a break though! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->