How long after birth did you go home?

With my 1st I had him Sunday morning and went home Monday evening.

With my 2nd he was born at 7:30am and they planned to discharge me before 12 noon. However I nearly fainted when showering so they sent me to rest on the ward for the rest of the day, then I had awful afterpains and requested strong painkillers so ended up having an overnight stay!

24 hrs with my first after induction, episiotomoy and pph.

With my second i had him at 5:22am and was home by lunch

I had to stay in 48 hours with my first as I needed a blood transfusion.
With my second I was home in 24 hours.

5 days with my first but I had a traumatic delivery and haemorrhaged badly.

Went the next day with my second and that was only because I was breastfeeding and they wanted to check it was going well, otherwise i'd have left 6 hours after having her.

About 4 days with my first as he had low blood sugars and wasn't feeding properly. My second was born around 1am so I stayed the night and left around 2pm the next day. My 3rd was born 3pm and I went home at 8pm that night, only stayed so long because I'm rhesus negative and they needed to check bloods. In my opinion much much nicer going home for the night!!

I had my girl Friday morning, we left late Sunday afternoon. But that was only because I had strep B and they had to finish all their checks on her, the wards were very busy with 'new year babies' as the midwives put it :haha:

I delivered both of my girls in Naval hospitals, with my first I stayed 3 days which is their standard for first time moms. My 2nd they said 24 hours but I had a traumatic birth (severe pre-eclampsia) so had to stay a week. The only thing I liked about staying in hospital was that I could sleep haha. But I'd rather go home asap so you don't have Dr's and nurses bugging you every 2 hours :wacko:

Three days with my first because I hemerhaged and two days with my 2nd baby. I was in the hospital for a week prior to giving birth to my 2nd baby due to PROM.

We vot to the birth center at 3am, he was born at 5:51am and we were home by noon.
I loved being home so soon.

Why would you feel bad about not staying? I find hospitals hell. No sleep and horrible food. I was allowed to go last time on the day but they had to give me injection so I had to stay the night. I was ready for going at 7am next morning. With my first it was like 3 days but then went down to one night with third. They dont like you long in there now.

I hate hospitals so I was out of there as quick as possible!! My son was born 1:30 in the morning and I went home at about 5am. Made sure I had a bath first otherwise it would have been sooner :p

Fingers crossed I can go home straight away this time

13 hours with 1st (needed 12 hrs observations) born 8.16am left hospital 9pm
3 hours with 2nd, born 5.30pm home 8.30pm
This time might like to stay 1 night to get alone time with baby but will see how I feel

DD1 was born at 6.07pm we were home by 8.30pm the same day.

DD2 was born at 1.47pm we got home at 11pm. Would have been sooner had a paediatrician been able to get to us to do the newborn check quicker.

With baby #1 we were there a few days. #2 was born at 8am and we were home by dinner time, lol. I wanted to go home badly though because it was Dec 23 lol...i hindsight I should have stayed for the extra sleep/help but it was two days before Christmas!! I hope I am there at least a day with #3.

My first was born at 5:30 pm, I went home at noon the next day.

My second was born at 4:10 am and we were home by 7 am the same day.

So long as you and baby are both doing fine I see no reason to stay in the hospital. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

With my first I was home after 2 days and I was desperate to get home by then.
With my second it was the next day.
With my third it was 2 days but then we were back in again by day 4 coz she was very poorly.

If you are ready to go home and it’s okayed by the doc/Midwife there’s no reason to feel guilty. I’m always desperate to get home!

6 hours after birth with my first, hopefully the same again this time

Ended up being 3 days with him as he was in special care. Fingers crossed this 3rd time is quicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->