How long after birth did you go home?

Katevalentine

Reaction score
I gave birth in a birth centre and I went home the same day, about 7 hours after the birth. I feel so guilty that I went home and didn't stay the night. Has anyone else gone home the same day?

I did stay the night as my son was born late evening but I was out of there quicker than a shot the next morning, mainly because my nan was visiting and she was making a roast :haha:

This time as I'm high risk I have been told I will need to stay in at least 24 hours :wacko:

Dont feel guilty about it hun :flower:

First time I stayed 3 night's I think as my son was in neonatal. Second time I was 10 hours, should have been 6 but they were messing around with paperwork.
This time if there not done with paperwork by about 8/pm in staying the night, didn't enjoy going home at 11pm starving

Baby was born at 9.11pm and we were home for 3pm the next day :)

Why do you feel guilty?
My 1st was born at 6.20am, we went home the next afternoon. I had to stay in overnight as I had a catheter in but had planned to stay one night anyway.
My 2nd was born at 1.38pm, we went home midday the next day. I didn't want to stay over but she needed observations so we needed to.
My 3rd was born 12.21pm and we were home by 5.30pm, so only 5 hours later. It would have been sooner but it took a while to get the discharge papers.

Why would you feel guilty? I think home is the best place for baby to be!

My LO was born at 5:30 pm and I went home at noon the next day. If she had been born earlier in the day we wouldn't have spent the night.

I ended up with c-sections. I stayed 4 days with my son and 3 with my daughter.

When my grandma had my mum she stayed in for 2 weeks as was the norm back then. She said it was wonderful!

Both of mine were born just after midnight and we went home at lunchtime so about 12 hours after they were born!

My first was born on a Sunday morning and we went home early afternoon on Monday. With your second they often send you home the same day if things go smoothly.

6 days. I was desperate to get home.

I wanted to go home immediately after my first, but ended up deciding to stay the full 4 days my hospital encouraged. In some ways I'm glad I did, but in other ways I really wish I had gone home afterall. Having breastfeeding help at 3am when my milk came in was amazing, and being "forced" to stay in bed and rest was what I needed too, but in every other way I would have much prefered to have gone home ASAP.
My second I went home the same day, after trying to get discharged for hours and eventually threatening to just walk out as they kept giving excuses why they werent bringing my discharge papers. We were 3 hours from home and my mom and husband had cancelled the hotel they had booked when we had been told at 10am I would be going home that day and at 7pm they were still delaying...

My third was born at home and it was so lovely not to have to go anywhere and be in my own bed from the beginning

Three days with both - first was a section and I needed blood transfusions after. Second was a natural birth but I had an infection and a major hemorrhage and again needed blood transfusions

5 days with my first and 3 days with the others dont feel bad x

My 1st ds I stayed 2 nights but 1st night I was hdu as lost a lot of blood. 2nd time ds was born at 5.04pm and I was discharged at noon the following day.

1 night with each. DS was born at 17:56 and DD at 22:33, both times I just wanted to get home the following day as the maternity ward was anything but restful.

In some respects it would've been nice to stay in and not have to worry about anything but me and baby but on the flip side the first time I just wanted to be at home with my husband and bonding with our son, the second time I wanted to keep continuity for my son who was only 23 months.

Xx

My sister was born just before lunch and then home for a little celebration with family that evening x

4 days with first
3 with second

I quite enjoyes staying in with my son, itgave me some breathing room to get to know him without worrying about my daughter.

I can't stand the hospital! With my first and second I was kept 24 hours, Both uneventful vaginal deliveries.

With my third 3rd pregnancy I had a c section and was kept maybe 36 hours? My doctor only released me because the twins weren't mine(so no newborns to care for) and my sons birthday party was the next day so I was being very persistent! lol

This time around I'm having a repeat section and I've been told it's two days for a routine section, up to four if things get a little complicated afterwards.

I can't believe people are kept for five days! I'd go insane :/

With my First I had to spend the night as it was quite late into the evening when he was born. I wanted to leave the moment I woke up but they took their sweet time with the paperwork (as usual)

With the second I made it clear that I wanted fast discharge . We were home in about four hours =)

With ds1 I was discharged the same day.

Ds2 I stayed the night.

100% recommend staying the night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012