How long after coming of bc until you ovulate?

Clo

mum 2 an angel boy, and 2 rainbow boys
Reaction score
I have no had a 'proper' period since I had my lo (who is now 17 months) as I bf him for 7 months and didnt have a period in that time. I got the nexplanon implant when my lo was 4 months but had spotting almost all the time. My doc prescribed me microgynon to take ontop of the implant to see if it would stop the bleeding but it didnt so I got the implant taken out and was just on the pill for 4 months but I was still having spotting (though not as bad) and I waa getting what felt like ov pains in the middle of the pack so after my pill free week last week I never went back on it.

We aren't officially ntnp at the moment but we have discussed having another lo at some point in the near future (I would have one now but my OH is a bit unsure) and we havent always been as careful as we should be.

I just wondered how likely it is that my cycle will regulate and go back go normal so to speak? X

I would like to know the answer to this, also. I posted a question on the forum and no one has responded yet. I went from depo (for about 8 years) to the pill for about 3 months and have only had one period like a week after my last pill and it was very light and I haven't had one since. I'm about 24 days late now with neg blood and hpt :(

It's impossible to say really. I ovulated on CD16 my first cycle off BC (so that was roughly 20 days after my last pill, including the 4 days between the last pill and when I started my withdrawal bleed, which I counted as CD1). I was on the pill for a very long time, but I never had any spotting or ovulation pain or other weird reactions to being on it, so my cycles came back right away. I can't imagine what being on both the implant and the pill at the same time might do to you (I can't even imagine a doctor recommending that to be honest!). The pill is out of your body shortly after you stop taking it, but I'm not sure about the effects of the implant. It might still throw your cycles off for awhile. Have they looked into what else might be causing all this spotting and cramping? Me personally, I'd be wanting to look at other things that could be causing those things to flare up besides just birth control if they haven't already investigated it.

I think they say it can take up to 6 months or longer for your cycles to get back to 'normal' thought some people are regular straight away. There's no way to know how long it will take for you, especially if you have irregular periods as well and have had 2 types of birth control.

Krose, sorry no one replied to you, it can be a bit quiet in NTNP I've found. Anyway I think if I was you I would assume that I was not pregnant, and maybe just haven't ovulated yet. Birth control is all about suppressing ovulation so it can take a while for your body to realise it is allowed to do it again!

I myself came off the pill 5 weeks ago and haven't had a period yet (had a withdrawal bleed). I dont feel pregnant but haven't done a test yet. I cam off the pill now because, even though I don't necessarily want to get pregnant immediately, I knew it could take a few months to regulate.

Well I stopped taking bc all together approx 2 months ago and I did have a light period shortly after that. I wasn't necessarily planning on a pregnancy but I kind of started getting my hopes up the longer I went without a period. But with countless hpt's and a blood test I've given up hope! Got a gyno appt in the am to check on things though

Yeah it must be really frustrating. Good luck with your appointment :thumbup:

Thanks everyone. I guess I will just have to wait and see when af appears and go from there lol.

Krose3887 - how did your appointment go? x

MindUtopia - Thought id replied to this before but it must not have worked (stupid phone!) . The spotting started to happen last time I was on the pill, before my 2 pregnancies and they looked into it then and came to the conclusion that it was just that the hormones didnt agree with me. As soon as zi came off the pill that time the spotting stopped. x

Apparently it is quite normal to come off the pill and have post pill amenorrhea (no period). The difficulty with that is your body is waiting for you to ovulate and you'll get your period once ovulation starts again, but if you fall pregnant with that ovulation then you obviously continue to have no period making you none the wiser.

I had post pill amenorrhea Jan this year but because we weren't planning to have kids then I just went back on the pill. I'm worried it'll happen again this month since I'll be off the pill to start NTNP. I'm contemplating buying OPKs to test for ovulation (could be expensive waiting a long time for Ov), otherwise I'll just do a pregnancy test every week my period is overdue just in case I fall pregnant.

Hope that makes sense ladies!

I took my last pill then 4 days later had my withdrawal bleed, counting that as cd 1 I got to cd 36 before getting a period, so ov cd 22.. I'd been on the pill for a year.. Hoping this cycle will be back to my normal cd 30 fx! (or not at all preferably!)

My doctor told me the same thing everyone else had...that it takes time to regulate after stopping bc. Tuesday will make 2 months since my last cycle. She gave me a script for some medicine to help me start my period but she told me to only take it if I haven't started by the first of December...ugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->