how long after hcg injection can you test?

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
we had our first round of IUI this cycle i was given 250mcg's of Ovidrel on thursday (23rd june) and got my IUI on friday morning (24th) i am now 8dpiui now and not tested at all with anything.... was told to contact the hospital after my period was 5 days late that of course if my period doesn't show up but i am wondering roughly how early others started to get real :bfp: after having the Ovidrel injection? and if they def got a negative gap in between the shot and pregnancy? any advice would be great xx

I had my shot june 20
my tests have been negative from 8dpo so i know its out of my system...I did this purposely as was worried about a false positive
good luck :flower:

thanks will see what happens will test tomorrow morning and if i get positive will rule it false positive. i'm 8dpo today. had my injection on 23rd june xx

thanks will maybe wait till monday as no tests anyways lol :D

Im 9 DPT and I still got a pos on a test this morning... im sure its still the trigger shot tho. They say it can stay as long as 14 days in your system. I will be testing again on Wednesday to hopefully get a real pos on a test. Good luck! And keep us updated hun!!

aww keep me updated i think i have developed ohss though :(

I got a positive after the same dose of Ovidrel at 9dpo or 6 days post a 3 day transfer for IVF. It got darker daily, so it def wasn't the trigger as I am still pregnant-with triplets! I didn't test it out of my system. I have read many people have Ovidrel out of their systems as early as 5 days later up until 10 days at the latest, but one website said average was 8 days...

I think the 14 days is for the 10,000 of HCG as Ovidrel is a much smaller dose than that! On the package it says the 250mcg of Ovidrel was equal to 5000 of HCG, so half that! Good luck!

I tested with IC till they were neg. about 9 dpo.

I got a positive after the same dose of Ovidrel at 9dpo or 6 days post a 3 day transfer for IVF. It got darker daily, so it def wasn't the trigger as I am still pregnant-with triplets! I didn't test it out of my system. I have read many people have Ovidrel out of their systems as early as 5 days later up until 10 days at the latest, but one website said average was 8 days...

I think the 14 days is for the 10,000 of HCG as Ovidrel is a much smaller dose than that! On the package it says the 250mcg of Ovidrel was equal to 5000 of HCG, so half that! Good luck!

WOW Congrats!

i think i have developed OHSS sadly so need to deal with that first i think :( considering testing later today

Not to get your hopes up but at 8 days past trigger and only now developing OHSS would suggest you might now have higher levels of HCG in your system ;)

I had 1 and a half shots of ovidrell (so what's that 375?). At 4 days post trigger it showed very fainly on a frer and at 7 days it was begative. Unfortunately everyone is different though and it can take up to 10 days.

Hope the OHSS pains pass soon, drink plenty and rest :)

thanks hopefully it is a positive sign as no sign of going anywhere soooo tempted to test right now lol

wow congrats!!! what treatments/medications were you doing?

I have a question....you mentioned 250mcg of Ovidrel was equal to 5000 of HCG, but I found the 2nd line of my test to be quite faint the day after trigger...but wouldnt it be dark for 5000 hcg? Im asking as Ive read people saying IC can take ages to get a dark result meanwhile I thought they were the most senstive (10miu or whatever its called).

Allie2009 good luck thats promising!! mine was definitely gone by where you are now, so its hopeful.

i think i have developed OHSS sadly so need to deal with that first i think :( considering testing later today

sorry to hear that....how do you know its that have you had it before??? I dont know what it feels like. good luck though

i have OHSS before ovulation almost 2 years ago but i have all the symptoms and because i am undergoing fertility treatment (iui with injections and such) more likely to get it.... not sure what else it could be?

sorry to gatecrash the thread, but had to post how are you doing alexa, 25 weeks already wow thats gone by quick :hugs:

drink loads and loads of water as much as you can physically manage, i was starting to get signs of it during my ivf but managed to stop it x

Hi lynne,
We had iui same day. Hope u feel better.

Sarahincanada I had this and couldn't find anyone else. I had 5000 pregnyl trigger shot then 3 1500 booster pregnyls two days apart. Using ic's I have had barely a positive, there was a second line on the morning after shot but it was so faint I could only see it in good light. Am so confussed. Everyone else talking about 5 to 10 days before bfn and I had one next day.
Maybe it was the tests. They 25's.

Ovidrel 250mcg injection is = 6500iu's of HCG

Here is a site to help show you the calculation of how fast (on average) the trigger leaves your system. Keep in mind, Ovidrel is only 6500, not the 10,000 they are talking about in this graph. If you do the math, Ovidrel is "normally" out of your system around 9 days past trigger...depending on how sensitive your HPT tests are.
https://community.babycenter.com/post/a25039159/calculations_for_when_the_hcg_trigger_shot_leaves_your_system.

Keep in mind, this is not HCG your body is producing but from the injection itself. Therefore, it's not going directly to your urine...hence the reason you wont get a SUPER dark line on a HPT after the HCG injection. My lines were dark, but not as dark as they should be with 6500iu's of HCG running through my body (it's absorbed, it's not like pregnancy where the hormone is constantly being released and increasing). Hopefully that makes sense :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->