How long after MC did you get bfp?

annio84

Grace's mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I just want a bit of reassurance really. I keep hearing how you're more fertile after a miscarriage and seeing all these stories of women who conceive quickly after but I'm now onto my third cycle since MC (didn't ovulate between MC and first AF) and nothing. I'm not even sure I'm ovulating because the signs I normally get are not as obvious as they were before. I think I'm just feeling a bit down because even though I was pregnant in the middle it's been 8 months now since we started trying for number 2.

As I say, everything I read seems to be straight away or not for ages and I would really like to hear there is a middle ground and that the fact it's not happened yet doesn't mean we'll still be trying this time next year.

Hey. So sorry for your loss. I found out I was pregnant last week. My 3rd cycle after my mc in January. I lost our boy at 15 weeks. Altho he had died a few weeks previous. Was convinced something was wrong when I didn't catch straight away. I was so shocked I didn't get pregnant last month as we bd'd at exactly the right times. Thought I had so much chance. But nope. Wasn't so sure this time and turns out I did catch. Altho I only had 2 periods, each time I was heartbroken and crying. It felt like such a long time. Took exactly 12 weeks to get my bfp. Good luck. Fx for you xx

I'm sorry for you loss! :hugs:
I think it really depends:
after my first miscarriage at 7 weeks I felt pregnant the third cycle after (but we didn't TTC the first cycle as I still had some tissues left in my uterus after the MC)
and now i'm in my 6th cycle since the second MC in November.
A friend of mine had to wait one year after she lost her baby at 20 weeks. But her healthy baby girl was born in April.

Dont worry, even it is very hard (I know what I'm talking about!), we'll get pregnant again. You are able to get pregnant and that's the most important thing.
I wish you good luck! :flower:

I'm so sorry for your loss. It took us a year to conceive our first so after miscarrying our second and falling pregnant right after my first cycle it was quite the shock. I have friends who it took a few cycles after a MC to get pregnant again and up to a year. As Nilaut said, your body can get pregnant and that's important! It's hard not to stress and worry, but I'm wishing you the best of luck :hugs:

I miscarried August 2016 and got my BFP with this current pregnancy October 2016 so it took one full cycle.

Hi,

I officially "miscarried" March 1st but was told the pregnancy was not viable 2 weeks before that. I got my BFP last week so 8 weeks after I miscarried.

Best of luck to you
Xxx

I miscarrried in February & got the all clear after retained tissue middle of march. We fell pregnant first cycle after miscarriage but we also fell pregnant first try with my daughter and with my last pregnancy.

Sometimes it just takes a little longer. I don't think my fertility was increased because of the miscarriage as many of my friends have struggled to fall pregnant after a miscarriage even though they fell quickly with other pregnancies.

Sorry for your loss & try to relax a bit. It's hard I know! I was so frustrated when I had retained tissue it led to the miscarriage taking 7weeks to clear x

I lost a baby at 21 weeks in July last year, 3 months later I got my bfp- it was the first month I think I ovulated! Im actually due 2 days after I lost mine last year!

Thank you for all the replies ladies, I actually got my bfp this morning 3rd month of trying and I suspect the first time I ovulated after MC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->