How long between bowel movements before they're "constipated?"

S

Serene123

She has a cold as I mentioned in the other thread, but also she hasn't had a bowel movement since 4am?

:hissy:

I feel shit today.

3 days Toria, I am sure she is not constipated. As the baby grows, so does her GI tract, which means she will be able to hod food for longer for processing before having a BM. And as she grows, she will have fewer bowel movements for the same reason. Just relax.

Her being ill is making me panicy. She sounds so uncomfortable. :(

Was her stool has 4 am hard? Should be like peanut butter. Does she seem to be grunting alot? I wouldnt worry to much just yet though

She's not crying much. Grunting alot though, and she just sounds uncomfortable!
And yeah it was hard, I even kept it incase I need to show someone.. :blush:

If she seems to be straining but isn't pooping and doesn't have gas, then I would call. Colton became really constipated once and it hadn't even been a whole 24 hours since his last go.
However, with her being sick--if she is eating less she might not go as often. Colton will sometimes skip days if he isnt eating as much.
After the first 1-2 weeks they start pooping alot less too though, and she will probably get more into a routine, so it will be easier to notice if she gets constipated. Colton usually goes 1-2 times and 99.9% of the time it's always before noon.

Yeah 3-4 days before their classed as constipated, so the health visitor says anyway. Kyle only goes once a day, sometimes once every 2 days x

Ella never went for 4 days and wasnt constipated, she only goes every 3 days now. HV said it was fine just how she wants to go!
I really wouldnt worry hun. Although what formula are you using , i used sma Gold first off and tbh she didnt poop with that then changed to Aptimal and she poos every 2-3 days rather then hardly ever. Plus her poo is like breastfed babies are. So its worth changing to to see if its better, as sma is known for constipation x

3 days hun.
Maybe she has a massive trapped burp.
My LO goes once a day and started that really early, at about 1 month old. :)

Caitlin would poo once between 1 & 2 days!

:D

Sorry to see your lil girl is poorly Toriaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"