How long can sperm live?

BumptasticMTY

Reaction score
How many days can sperm survive in you after BD?? I keep hearing 2-3 days, even heard 5 days? Is their a definitive answer backed by scientific data?

I'm a nervous TTC'r that is 1 DPO and hope we didn't use all the good swimmers way in advance of ovulation. :dohh:

I thought it was up to 5 days but we did it about 5 days over ovulation each month just to cover all bases.

Thanks for the reply!

Here is our BD schedule leading up to O day, (yesterday) Friday.

Monday = BD
Tuesday = BD
Wednesday = BD twice
Thursday = BD
Friday = BD

I ovulated Friday (yesterday), but am afraid I over did BD the days leading up to ovulation? Hopefully their were some good swimmers still there by O day. I'm getting nervous and probably wished we had only BD Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as to not deplete the swimmers. Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

Well, I'm sure you had plenty of swimmers! lol! I've heard everywhere from 2 to 5 days for sperm life. They do say that BD'ing every day is a bit much, but I'm not sure over what period of time that is. I'm sure within a week it's not as big a deal as if you did it every day for a month!

You could try doing the SMEP method next time if you didn't catch it this time! If you don't know what that is: Basically, you BD every other day... then you BD the day before, the day of, and the day after ovulating, skip a day, then BD once more.

Thank you Kalyrra! We'll look more into the SMEP method. Hopefully we wont be needing it. :dust:

5 days in the right conditions!
the clear and eggwhite CM are the "right conditions" as the PH levels are just perfect, generally from 5 days before ovulation. Once you ovulate there is minimal chance to become pregnant afterwards (ie the next 5 days) as the egg dies quite quickly. To maximize your chances you should have intercourse in the days leading up to ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->