How long did it take for AF to arrive after hysteroscopy?

TTC Again

Teensy bit pregnant again
Reaction score
I am getting anxious - yes I have the patience of a 3 year old! I had my hysteroscopy on CD11 (April 6th). I took BCP for the 6 days prior to the procedure per my RE's orders, but promptly stopped taking it after the procedure. After the hysteroscopy I felt fine...had light spotting on and off (only brown) for 1 week.

Today I'm on CD30 (I usually have 26 day cycles) and no sign of AF. Any thoughts? I know my cycles may be messed up, but not sure what to expect and it's drivng me batty!

Do you think I should count the hysteroscopy as CD1? Or, could O have just been delayed afterwards due to the 6 days of BCP or the procedure? What were any of your experiances?

hey girl...

I didn't have a hysteroscopy, but I did have a Hysterosalpingography (HSG), which is like an xray of my uterus where they put some dye up there to make sure the tubes are clean and clear and afterward I just light spotting for a day or two and then nothing for weeks and weeks. Finally my doc put me on Provera to bring on my AF, I just took that for 5 days and then a couple days later my AF came and I took Clomid days 2-6 to help ovulation.

I would definitely call your doc if you don't get AF soon, they'll probably want to do a pregnancy test to be sure you're not pregnant and then maybe put you on Provera or BCP to help bring about AF :thumbup:

GL!! :hugs:

Thanks, hun. I appreciate your insight. I'm still holding on here. CD 37, 27 days after my hysteroscopy and still no AF - and BFN this morning (wishful thinking)!

I'm seeing my RE on Wednesday, so if nothing changes between now and then I'll talk to her about what we can do.

You're welcome! I know the whole "wait and see" time frame is SUPER annoying lol, hopefully something shows for you this week, either AF or preferably a BFP!!? But at least you'll see your doc and I'm sure they'll do something to bring about AF so you can get back to TTC :D

Saw my RE on Wednesday. they did an HCG beta - definitely NOT pregnant. So, they did a SIS (saline ultrasound) and said my uterus looks beautiful. If I didn't get AF within a week they'd want me back to go on Provera to induce it.

After the SIS I had some light spotting for the day which then stopped. Then yesterday I think I started AF. So, I am hoping it is on to a new cycle for me...and ready to TTC again!!!!

That's great news! It's always reassuring to know that your uterus and everything looks perfectly healthy, hopefully this cycle will be your BFP cycle!!

LOTS of :dust: GL!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->