How long did it take for your lines to get darker?

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
I did an FRER on Tuesday and got quite a dark line. The only tests I have now are the dip ones which I bought from access diagnostics which I've heard are supposed to be quite good (they are 10miu). The lines are deffo there but they're not seeming to get much darker and it's worrying me slightly. I know a pregnancy test can't tell you how your pregnancy is progressing or anything like that but I'm almost certain that they should get darker the further gone that you are - at least that's what happened for me last time. I should be 4 weeks 1 day pregnant today. I haven't got any CB digis but I've just ordered some from ebay because I don't want to do any yet. Just wondered how long it took for your lines to get darker?

Hi and congrats! come and join us in the sep babies thread ;-)

I poas at 16dpo and the test line showed up before the control line and was deep pink. I am hoping thats a good sign but i think to be honest it depends how much dye is in the tests aswell as how far along u are ;-)

Good luck and happy and healthy pregnancy x

Yes africaqueen is correct the amount of dye may affect things. As long as there is a line thats the main thing. It look me about a week to get decent lines if thats any help. XX

Some people's lines never get darker hun! Its just different for different folks! mine were all very light over the first 4 weeks and didnt get darker (altough i did give in and poas at 7 weeks and it was twice as dark as control line!)

dont panic if lines are not getting darker! in fact i would stop testing! you've got your positives! xxxxx

Agreed my line on an asscess diagnostics one was very faint but did a frer and very clear bold line was 4 weeks preg took till 6 weeks to get a more recogniseable solid line on the ic ones,everyones different try not to worry and best bet is to stop using them,ur preg accept and enjoy.:hugs:

Thanks ladies. That makes me feel better. I'll do the CB digi when it comes which will probably be Wednesday or Thursday. Once I see "pregnant", I'll relax xxx

Susan, mine took awhile to start getting dark...give it a couple days too! :hug:

So excited to see this thread- have been hoping to see your bfp! Well done, and a happy and healthy 9 months, you completely deserve it.

Cat
xxx

So excited to see this thread- have been hoping to see your bfp! Well done, and a happy and healthy 9 months, you completely deserve it.

Cat
xxx

Thanks Cat. I feel like I've waited long enough for this! I knew it would feel unreal once it happened! I'm over the moon but don't want to jinx anything so am keeping that to myself for now xxx

Stop testing- if you got a positive then congrats!!

The tests are not suppposed to get darker!! And you are going to get yourself worried when you find the ones you are using are not getting darker!!

Pregnancy tests are there just to give a yes or no answer- if you are pregnant or not. Pregnancy tests are not designed to tell you how pregnant you are or how the pregnancy is progressing.

If you have any reason to be concerned then go to your docs and speak to them -they can do hcg/blood tests

Congrats:flower:

I did say that I know they can't tell you how pregnant you are but from my past experience with my last pregnancy, the test lines did get darker and darker and darker so that is what I expected this time but it hasn't happened yet, perhaps I'm still too early as I'm only 4 weeks 2 days.

I did say that I know they can't tell you how pregnant you are but from my past experience with my last pregnancy, the test lines did get darker and darker and darker so that is what I expected this time but it hasn't happened yet, perhaps I'm still too early as I'm only 4 weeks 2 days.

I know where you are coming from Susan. I did this quite a bit with my first two to the point I was spending far too much money :wacko: With my last, the line just faded within 12 hours.

I would save your money lovely and try if possible and think positive things with this pregnancy.

Sending you all my love xxx

Thank you. I'm feeling paranoid now because I just noticed a tiny bit of brown spotting. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about x

at 4 weeks 2 days I would say it's implantation for sure- hence the lines still being faint and also the spotting....

I have t o say that I was very interested in this thread and it put my mind at rest. Untill.....I found a FRER test in my drawer! LOL....I did it this afternoon and my lines were Uber dark!

here is when i 1st found out i was prego! (trust me there are some pink lines on those! lol)
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/sidkinky/P241209_230601.jpg

and here's one I did 5 mins ago!
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/sidkinky/P271209_1541.jpg

This is the test that I did this morning. Definitely there. Hopefully this is a good sign.

https://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1608/mytest.th.jpg

thats how my super drug ones started the last time. I have pics if your interested

Yeah would be good to see your pics. Are they on here or will you upload them on to this thread? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->