How long did it take you to conceive your first?

BumpySomeday

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Currently waiting until November to TTC #1! I imagine, in my fantasy world, of telling our family on Thanksgiving or Christmas, lol. We are waiting due to me starting a new job this summer and buying our first home at the end of the year.
DH wants to start sooner because he thinks it could take a long time. But, I know so many girls who sneezed and got pg the first time!

My friend who recently got pg with her second told me her doctor said 5 months of trying was very FAST! And it took her 7 months to conceive her first. I know that everyone is different and it could happen at any point in time but... I was just curious to see how long it took those of you who have a child to conceive your first? :)

What a fun time that will be for you! I hope you are able to get pregnant right away so you can announce at the holidays :)

It took us 3 months to get pregnant, but in my head I thought it would take at least 6 so I was really surprises/happy when didn't take as long. There are a lot of people who catch the egg on the first go and a lot of others who take longer. Try not to be discouraged if it takes longer- remember that it WILL happen, its just a matter of when! Good luck!

We started trying earlier (3 months before our wedding) thinking it would take ages, first cycle was january And unfortunately my gran passed away so we knew we'd missed my O date, next cycle I conceived, bfp was March. So 2 cycles although I tend not to count the first!

You just never know until you start trying, it took my mum 2 years with both me and my sister so we both thought we were in for a long time ttc, she fell pregnant first cycle too.

Good luck for when you do start ttc!

The average couple takes between 6-12 months to conceive. For us, we conceived before we really started trying, but suffered a miscarriage. A month after the mc, I found out I was pregnant again. We were trying lots at that point!! :haha:

First month both times technically, second was only a few days after having my coil removed and there being a split condom 4 days away from ovulation! (We were trying soon just trying to avoid Christmas...I ended up with Christmas Eve as my due date :haha:) the women in my family seem to fall very quickly, I think all my aunties and my mum fell first time with each child, very strange.

Took us 5 months to conceive the twins.

Hoping it'll take less than 6 months this time as want a baby before the twins turn 3. Fingers crossed :dust:

DD1 was a surprise/one shot wonder/minor miracle (only dtd once that cycle and I was on the pill!), DD2 took 5 months actively TTC :flower:

Wow, thank you for all of the feedback :)

It's crazy that so many of you replied back that it took one time. I was expecting more around 6 months +

I guess there is no telling really!

1 cycle!

We tried, assuming that because everyone was having issues we would, too. Thinking it would take months, it didn't even take 1 ;)

Good luck :)

Really exciting times ahead for you! A Thanksgiving or Christmas announcement would be really lovely!!

We purposefully started TTCing before we got engaged due to my already known hormonal issues - I have PCOS and landed up having an HSG scan - fell pregnant 6weeks after the scan.
Took us 11 months of TTCing to get our first BFP.
Hoping it won't take as long this time round!

Took us 9 months [11 cycles] but like the PP said, average is 6-12 months for two healthy people. Some take first try, some take longer.

Good luck to you! :)

I have never gotten pregnant, but we are deciding when to try. I have a wedding to be in in August, and I want to avoid ttc just in case it happens the first time, as I still need to fit in my dress!

2 weeks for us but i have a feeling it will take a few months this time because i have been on the pill since my son was born and it has completely messed up my cycles x

We got pregnant our first cycle trying with both our daughter and the little one I am currently growing :) Good luck to you, I hope you can announce at the holidays like your hoping to!

With ds we were actively trying for 2 years and then we only got caught because we took clomide.
#2 we DTD once and got pregnant. Unfortunately it ended up as a blighted ovum so were holding off for the next 7 weeks (until after our wedding) then we will try again ;-) good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->