How long did it take you to get from 2cm-fully dilated?

I was 4cm at my sweep labour started properly 13hours later and was 8hours before time to push.

Xx

I know I didn't start dilating at all until I went into labor. Guessing it took probably 6 hours from 2-full. I was at 5cm by the time I got to the hospital and was there about 4 hours before I was fully dilated.

12 hours from first contraction to givin birth.
they say on average it 1/2cm every 30min...although as u can see that not always the case..maybe try taking a nice warm bath...help relax a bit....if still no help go back into hospital...if it really too much dont suffer at home.
Good luck...and just focus in a few hra you will have ur little one in ur arms.

Hopefuly see u in baby club real soon. x

Sorry to say this is my experience....

Sunday 17th June.... irregular contractions
Tuesday 26th June.... stretch and sweep, I was 2cm and stretched to 3cm
Friday 29th June - very very bad contractions, still irregular, 3cm and stretched to 4cm
Saturday 30th June... 9.50am 5cm, waters were broken by midwife at 7pm, baby born at 9.50pm!

i went from 4cm to 10cm in 2 hours, only cos i wasn't progressing + they put me on a drip, it did wonders!!

With my first I was 3cm at 5.30am, fully dilated at 1pm, so 7.5 hours, but he wasn't born till 1.41pm as I was pushing for what seemed like forever!!

With Amber I've no idea lol. Had contractions on and off for days before. Got to the hospital at 3am and was 7cm already. She was born at 3.39am. x

About an hour.

Waters broke and contractions started immediately. Was already 5cm.
Went to hospital and 90 minutes later she was born.

I went from 3 to 10cm in about six hours, but after that I spent two and a half hours pushing (and they wouldn't give me any drugs grrrr).

My whole labour was over 60 hours. Started getting contractions Saturday lunchtime, got checked Saturday night was 3cm finally got to 4cm after 48 hours!! Then 15 hours in established labour think that includes over 2 hours of pushing though. I didnt realise how long you could be in early labour for!! I was in agony and didnt get any sleep the whole time I was in labour too. Wish I'd tried to rest more that first night. x

Started contracting at 10pm on a Wednesday evening. I gave birth at 07:42am on Sunday morning so it took me a good few days. Normal spontaneous labour.

I was 1.5cm for hours & hours & hours (1pm to 11.30pm) then went up 10cm & baby born within an hour. Had contractions every 3mins right from the beginning.

I had irregular contractions (early labour) on Monday and Tuesday - Tuesday night they went from 7-8 min apart to 5 min apart and instantly to 2 min apart. Went to the hospital at about 9pm and I was 2 cm dialated when they checked me at 9 or 10 I think.

I was 4 cm at 4 am, 6 cm at 6 am, 8 cm at 8 am (it's easy to remember since they correspond with the time:) ). By Wednesday 11:30 we were pushing - at 12:30 my boy was born.

So I guess it was 14 or 16ish hours?

I was 3 cm at my 39 week appointment. Wasn't feeling any labor pains. Woke up four days later with contractions and went in at 630 am and was 4 cm. Started pushing at 12:30 pm and had my boy at 1:15 pm. I hope it goes quickly for you! Will be looking for updates! Good luck. :)

My labour was induced whole process took around 36 hours but my actual labour was only 7 hours 50mins! Was 2cm at around 7pm Wednesday evening and started to push around 1am Thursday morning so about 6 hours from 2cm to fully.

Xxx

I was 1cm at 6am on the Monday and Dylan was born 7 hours later so not overly long, established labour was 4 hours

I don't know about from 2cm as they only check when you're in labour here. My whole labour was 7hours and I do know I went from 6cm to pushing within 2.5hours! I was only checked once.

I was induced. Id had about 2 or 3 sweeps then a pessary was inserted at about 9.30am. I was only about 1cm then contractions started at about 10.30am. At 3pm i was only about 3cm so they broke my waters and i was fully dilated by about half 8. My daughter was born at 9.24pm. So id say about 6 hours. Some people can be about 2 cm then be fully dilated in an hour and others may take hours and hours to dilate. Everyone is different. If you cant cope with the pain ring them up/go back in and tell them to see if you can get a top up of pain relief. Good luck x

I was 2 cm at 10pm.
10 cm at 7am the next morning. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"