How long did it take you to get from 2cm-fully dilated?

Kato2

Mummy to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
Started contracting 10pm last night... Went to hospital at 12 midday today to be told I was 2cm!!!! Given codeine and sent home to labour. 5 and half hours later and contractions still not 3 minute apart but they are agony!! How long did it take you? I'm not sure I can take more pain without a top up of codeine or something!! Never expected it to hurt this much!

Ps head was fully engaged and very low and have lost plug, alsoy first baby

I was fairly quick.. Labour started in the night, I went to the hospital at 11am, 1cm, walked forever, admitted at 130PM 2cm, epidural around 330PM at 3cm and pushing by 640PM, born by 840PM. All ladies are different though... Good luck!! :hugs:

I was only one centimeter for fourteen hours! I got the epidural fourteen hours and dilated to ten in two hours!

1cm-10cm was about 19 hours.
But I also had nothing going in my favor. Cervix wasn't favorable or nothing.

My waters brOke at 7pm, went hospital 9pm and I was 2cm, I went home and contracted through the night, i went back to hospital at 9am as the contractions were so bad And I was only 6cm but they kept me in then and I had LO at 7.45 that evening. Good luck hunni, hope you get to meet your baby boy soon xx

i contracted for 10 hours, they never got regular and i was on a monitor for the last 6 hours i was asking for pain relief and they kept saying it would b a long time yet so try to relax, I got my 1st check at 8.15am and the midwife said ohhhhh your baby is here push he was born at 8.44am (1st baby),
moral of my story lol is If you are finding it difficult dont be shy just ring up and go back in for some more pain relief and to get checked. good luck xx

I was at 2cm, 80% effaced, head fully engaged, lost plug and contracting... For two weeks before my water broke :(. Went to the hospital three times for false alarms that were super painful. So it could be tomorrow or it could be a while from now!

With both of my babies I was at having very strong contractions and still at 2cm for about 5 hours, but going from 4cm to fully dilated was super quick (1.5 hours with DS, less than 5 minutes with DD)

Best of luck, hope things start moving for you soon xxx

Mines probably a little different because I was induced but this was how it went...

Induced on Thursday at 5pm at 1cm
Saturday 5pm - still 1cm, managed to break my waters through MANY tears!
Saturday 9pm - was only 5cm so set up on pitocin drip
Sunday 3:50am - felt her head when I went for a wee!
Sunday 4:30am - LO was born after about 4 pushes!

:flow:

At my 35 week appointment, i was already 2cm & 50% effaced. When my waters broke at 36+4, I was still at 2cm. After 12 hours of very painful labor, i was only 4cm (epidural didnt work for me, took them 5 attempts to get it in). Ended up with an c section 13 hours after my water broke!

Quite quick - 4cm to having her was 2 hours. So not much before that. I was induced but happened so quick once it started!

Erm not sure, my labour was less than 3 hours from start to finish so not much help! Goood Luck x

every on is differt i went from loseing the plug to getting to hospital and to be check by th dr took 45 mins and i was fully dilated and my watrs were bolging as they had to break them

I was 2cm for weeks! After 3 sweeps it happened in about 16 hours.
Good Luck! :)

I was 2-3cm at 37 weeks never felt contractions lol but on the 12th of may ( my due date was 13th may which is when I had baby!!) I went hospital at 11pm ish as the whole day I had bad pains didn't know they were contrsctions tried timing didn't understand when to (LOL!) but I had been to the hospital twice before in the days prior so I was adamant not to go and my DH was adamant to that I had to be passing out with pain before we go as the mw described labour pain as dying and that my voice would indicate I was in labour erm no lol!

So nurse checked my bp and temp tried to feel a contraction said they were irregular told me to go home again. I was fuming I wanted an internal she said no no see you in a week or two. I went home annoyed. Got ready for bed , was in too much pain to sleep kept tossing and turning my hubby placed his hand on my belly and my waters went pop! This was 5.30am I gave birth 6.58pm !

About 12 hours, but most of that was going from 2-6cm. I dilated the last 4cm in 15 minutes lol

From 2cm until I started pushing was 7 hours. I had a water birth and they didnt check how dilated I was but let me push so guessing I was! She was born after an hours pushing.

Good luck hun, each contraction is one less to come :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->