how long did it take you to get pregnant?

What is your age? (sorry I know its personal but it will help to know if this makes a difference)28

Do you have irregular or regular periods?Only had one after coming off the pill so dont really know

Was you on a contraceptive pill first? If so how long for and which one?Cerezette

How long did it take for you to get pregnant? 49 days

And have you any tips? (Positions, how often to bd you recommend??)dont plan it just whenever

30, going to be 31 in a bit. Always had regular periods but.... I've been on the pill since 16. Around 20 I went on an implant (norplant) which messed me up hormonally pretty bad. After I came off it they thought I might have PCOS, but periods never really irregular. Off that after a year and back on the pill until last year. For 1st pregnancy took 3 months of NTNP after being off the pill. For this one 7 months of trying to track symptoms (was all hormonally messed up again) before bfp.
Only tip I have is some kind of tracking like temping as even though I was super regular I didn't O when I thought I was. Also caught some irregularities that as soon as I took steps to fix them I got my bfp. Oh, and relax. :)

What is your age?
Do you have irregular or regular periods?
Was you on a contraceptive pill first?
And have you any tips? (Positions, how often to bd you recommend??)

I was 17 when I had my first. I had been on Microgynon 30 for about a year but was not taking them properly (which is how I caught) and my periods had never been regular. We weren't trying to conceive but it was about 6 months before I got pregnant.

I went on the depo injection after my first and was on it for a year and a half. It was over a year before I had a period again but they were still irregular. I was 19 when me and my OH (not my firsts father) decided to ttc. It took 2 and a half years to conceive our son but my periods had only been regular for about 4 months before I conceived. We BDd all the time lol.

We used condoms after our sons birth as I was reluctant to use any kind of hormone contraceptive again and we decided to ttc again this year in March. We got a bfp our first month of trying and we only BDd once!! Sadly it ended in MC in May :( we decided we wanted to ttc again right away so we did and got bfp again this September so took 3/4 months of trying. We tried something different each month from BDing every day, to BDing every other day then on the day before, of, and after ovulation then abstaining but the month we conceived we BDd twice the day before ov and twice the day of ovulation once in am once pm and got our bfp!! Hope this helps hun. We didn't do any specific positions (just avoided me on top as gravity was against us!) and we didn't use any supplements though I was taking folic acid. xxxx

Edited to add: I was 23 when I conceived with the 3rd baby that I mcd and when I conceived with the one I am now carrying. Am now 24 xxxx

What is your age? 23

Do you have irregular or regular periods? Regular

Was you on a contraceptive pill first? If so how long for and which one? Was on Marvelon for 9 years

How long did it take for you to get pregnant? 1 year

And have you any tips? (Positions, how often to bd you recommend??) We were TTC a year and BD everyday before ovulation and put pillow under my bum BUT the month I fell PG we only BD once that month and it was with me on top lol

I'm 24.
My periods have been like clockwork for the last year and a bit.
I'v not had any contraceptive pill since I was 18.
It took us about 11 months... we weren't actively trying at first, I had a late period we were both dissapointed so agreed to stop trying not to get pregnant.
I looked online about when the best time to have sex was, but I was leaving it until new year before starting to do ovulation tests.

I'm 31, have very short (4 days of spotting followed by 3 days of light bleeding) but very regular periods. I got pregnant on our second cycle. The first cycle was the month after our wedding so we were having sex all the time..and it was all over the place. The second cycle I just monitored CM when it was egg white, we had sex every night it was egg white, which was two nights.

What is your age? 29

Do you have irregular or regular periods? Regular

Was you on a contraceptive pill first? If so how long for and which one? I was on Depo. for a couple of years, before that condoms, before that Depo.

How long did it take for you to get pregnant? 2nd cycle

And have you any tips? (Positions, how often to bd you recommend??) RELAX AND ENJOY! We were extremely lucky & I thought it would take ages to get pregnant, we didn't BD that often really, probably 16 times in those 2 months

What is your age? 24

Do you have irregular or regular periods? regular

Was you on a contraceptive pill first? yes
If so how long for and which one? 7 years....eugynon then 17months microgynon

How long did it take for you to get pregnant? 1st cycle with both although 2nd wasnt planned but i had stopped my pill due irregular cycles

And have you any tips? if you mean on how to get preg do a handstand after sex and if you mean now your preg take it easy and enjoy every min xxx

Hi!
-I'm 28.
-Periods have always been horrid but fairly regular.
-Used the pill for close to 5 years, then nothing, then Nuvaring, then nothing for the past 3 years, however we've always used the "pull out" method sounds silly but it worked for us.
-Did an ovulation calculator thing online and had sex about 4 times around the date of ovulation and got pregnant. Took literally 4 days of trying.
-We used a pillow to prop up my lower half and I stayed in that position for 15 minutes afterwards.

:)

Also I'm 99% sure that I know the exact day/moment we conceived, and I literally grabbed my hubby and pulled in into the bedroom because I felt like I was ovulating.
I've always been very in tune with my body and I noticed around ovulation time I would feel pain in my ovaries, if you ever have that feeling, I'd say get on it ;)

Hi,

What is your age? i'm 35 this year.... been married for 8 years... got my first baby after 6 years.... 2nd IUI attempt....
Do you have irregular or regular periods?my preiods are irregular

Was you on a contraceptive pill first? If so how long for and which one? never

How long did it take for you to get pregnant? after 6 years trying and waited, married in 2001, laparoscopic & ovarian drilling due to PCOS in early 2003, 1st IUI in 2004-unseccessful, 2nd IUI on Aug 2006, success

And have you any tips? (Positions, how often to bd you recommend??) i've heard old folks said, if we have PCOS, do it :sex: in early morning (around 4-5am), coz during this time, your Cysts are shrinking.... :baby: we've tried this, and successfully having this new baby... even doc said it was impossible for me to conceived naturally because of my PCOS.... done another IUI last year, but failed.... :thumbup:(

Hi :)

What is your age? 33

Do you have irregular or regular periods? regular

Was you on a contraceptive pill first? If so how long for and which one? yasmin 5 years, before that I was on another pill off & on for 5 years, but I can't remember which. About 10 years ago I had one depo shot (hated it).

How long did it take for you to get pregnant? 3 months

And have you any tips? The first two months I tried charting my temps and scheduling the BD and all that stuff. by the third month we had given up "trying" and were just letting whatever happened happen.. and it happened. My husband and I looked at the dates of my cycle and traced it back to the night before I ovulated. That night was all about us, and not about trying to make a baby at all. We tried several positions ;) So I suggest relaxing and not concentrating so much on planning.

Im 21
It took me 2 months to get preggos with regular trying.
I wasnt on a pill.
And I highly recommend missionary.

Im 27 and was on BCP for about 10 years, cycles were fairly reguar after coming off it, i got pregnant on the 8th cycle

What is your age? (sorry I know its personal but it will help to know if this makes a difference): 36

Do you have irregular or regular periods?: Irregular. No ovulation. Probably PCOS

Was you on a contraceptive pill first? If so how long for and which one? Used for 2 or 3 years. Don't remember brand.

How long did it take for you to get pregnant?.
- 1st pregnancy (m/c). 1 month on Clomid 50mg
- 2nd pregnancy (PMP). 2 moths on Clomid 50mg, 2 months on 100mg, 1 month on Clomid 150mg
- 3rd pregnancy (current). 2 months on Clomid 150mg

And have you any tips? (Positions, how often to bd you recommend??)
- Chart you temperature to learn about your cycle: length, when you usually ovulate, length of the luteal phase.
- Use OPK close to you ovulation dates. When you get you positive, BD every night till your temperature rise (after ovulation)
- See a fertility doctor if you have been trying for 1 year without success. Also if there is other abnormality, like no ovulation, or luteal phase shorter than 10 days.

I'm 28. I was on several different type of b/c for short times. In 2005 I had one depo shot. Then about 4-5 months later I used the patch for about a month. In 2007 I got pregnant. We were not trying but were not preventing either. After my 1st delivery we TTC 5 months later and conceived on our 1st cycle. I delivered in Nov. 2008 and had one shot of depo. When my next depo shot was due I started Loestrin24fe. I stopped taking that in April of this year. We used condoms from April until November. In november of this year we TTC again. We got pregnant again on our 1st cycle. My cycles have always been regular. I ovulate on CD 14-16 every month and have a 13 day LP. So I average a 28 day cycle.

What is your age? (sorry I know its personal but it will help to know if this makes a difference) 30

Do you have irregular or regular periods? Regular 28 day cycle

Was you on a contraceptive pill first? If so how long for and which one? NO

How long did it take for you to get pregnant? 14 Months.

And have you any tips? The month we got our BFP, i used a soft cup after BD. It worked! :thumbup: Also, not to stress about getting pregnant as we were also pre occupied with other things the month of our BFP and were not thinking about it at all.

well if it can help ;)

What is your age? 37

Do you have irregular or regular periods? always been regular

Was you on a contraceptive pill first? If so how long for and which one? nope, condoms only

How long did it take for you to get pregnant? 7 months

And have you any tips? (Positions, how often to bd you recommend??) No special tips. I suggest FF and charting only because it gives us something to obsess over and channel all that energy :haha: beyond that I recommend that the lady *coughs* has an orgasm after the gentleman :thumbup:
_

Im 23, i have VERY irregular periods (5-8weeks) I had been on Microgynon for 4 years, stopped the pill & didnt have a period for 5 months, then had a period and never had another one! xx
My tip is to not make it a chore x

I'm 35, with no other children. Never wanted kids before I met my husband.

I was on Implanon for 5 years, before that bcp, before that depo.

I have very regular, short periods (every 23-24 days). I didn't start having a period until I was almost 17 years old though, don't know if it's relevant just think it's a bit interesting.

I got pregnant 1st cycle. I was actually very shocked and surprised, I figured it would take at least 3 months. Husband was probably more shocked. No real tips or hints....I just 'knew' when I was ovulating, grabbed hubby, did it about every other day and job's a good'un. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->