How long did it take you to pass driving test

I think I was driving once a week for about 4-5 months, probably could have done it quicker. Passed first time though.

Not that I drive or anything :rofl:

I had an hour lesson once a week for 5months then two, 1 hour lessons for three weeks leading up to my test. Passed first time xx

Honestly I can't remember. A few months but I can't be more specific than that. I started to learn at some point when I was 18, and I passed my test whilst I was still 18, so less than a year at least, I know that much haha. I passed first time.

I had an hour lesson most weeks as from my 17th birthday for ten months. Everyone kept telling me to put in for test a lot earlier but I didn't feel ready. When I did finally put in I was confident about driving and confident about driving on my afterwards and I passed first time.

I had one 2 hour lesson a week during August.

Then two 2 hour lessons a week in September.

Then one 2 hour lesson a day for 4 days.

Passed Oct 4th first time :D

I was just really determined to do it and quickly .. i cant imagine learning for a year or more!!

Omg, this has gotten me a bit more hopeful :) I had it in my head it might be about a year, I'm a very anxious person so may well be more realistic for me but you've all passed so much faster than I imagined.. Thanks xx

Sooooo wish I did it as a teenager but met my husband at 16 who could drive so at the time (he obviously wasn't 16 lol) so I didn't need to.. Now I'm nearly 25 and regretting big time not doing it when young :( x

Passed my theory test then 3 weeks to the day I passed my practical first time too, I done my theory before I booked lessons, I think I had 9 hours worth ( I did learn when I was 17 but lost interest, I'm 27 now ) and I passed Feb 2013

Oh God! I think close to 2 years :blush:. I had a couple of gaps of about 3 months so I guess more like 18 months. 1 hour a week at first then 2 hours a week. I switched to automatic and then took my test about 6 months later. I passed first time but haven't driven since.

9/10 months, 1 test but I took a break for a few months, I hated learning to drive! I was 17.

I started learning when I was 17 and passed when I was 25 :lol:

I did about 14 lessons when I was 17 then stopped because I hated it, started doing lessons again at 24 (did about 10) and stopped again, then did about 50 hours of lessons in a 5 month period and passed my test 2nd time last year :)

I regretted not doing it when I was a teenager too but I'm glad I did it older because I am much less anxious about it! there are pros and cons to both obviously but hopefully you'll find that you pick it up quite quickly and will be less anxious because you're older :)

Took me about a year with about 4 months in that time to focus on college exams. I passed second time. I can't believe I failed with an emergency stop(is that even possible? haha).

i had a one hr lesson for 10 weeks & then 2hr lessons for 4 weeks & an hr lesson before my test.

so 19 hrs. passed 1st time x

About 18 months- with gaps because I was broke!

Then almost 2 years off after passing before I was actually driving on my own as couldn't afford insurance x

I think I had about 20 1hr lessons over a six month period when I turned 17, then passed first time. I also did quite a bit of practice with my parents-I would recommend getting in as much time behind the wheel as you can, really builds confidence as the test can make you very nervous!

6 months. I sat my first test at 3 1/2 months and failed sat it 2montha later and passed.

I turned 17 in the December and passed my test in September, so 10 months? I took a 2 hour lesson every other week throughout that time, and i passed on my first try.

Umm... first started when still 17, but wasn't on the case and didn't get very far. I lived in the middle of the city then and having a car wasn't a priority whatsoever. Had another couple of stints of a few lessons, until finally deciding I wanted a licence and passing when I was 21. It didn't take me too many lessons though once I made the decision to do it and I passed first time, in London no less :lol:

6 weeks of lessons due to waiting for a test date (waiting list is ridiculous where I live). Passed first time as well :) Had approx. 12- 14 hours of lessons before I booked my test, and then had a couple of hours after that to fine tune manoeuvres and some of the test routes.

I did however have my own car to go out in which I drove around the local supermarket carpark for 2 hours every Sunday evening for a few weeks to fine tune my clutch control , and then once I was confident to drive on the roads without dual controls, I drove every day for the two weeks leading up to my test in a variety of conditions as I knew I would need to be confident enough to drive a 60 miles round trip on the busiest stretch of the m62 on my own every day from the day after I passed my test - no pressure haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->