How long did it take you to pass driving test

18 months, with a 2 month gap when I changed instructors. Driving never came naturally to me x

Errmm just over a year, the waiting list for tests here is 8 weeks and my instructor went on holiday for a month during the time I was learning aswell so not a year really but a year time wise (iykwim) I passed first time :)

2 years, I had to change instructors because my old one was just having me drive around the block

I did automatic as I was desperate to learn quickly, I did 2/3 lessons a week for 2 months x

10 months of lessons but my instructor was psychotic. He'd snap at random things and go on a screaming spree when I was on the dual carriage way and things like that so I was pretty frightened of driving! He had a mental breakdown like a week after my test too. I didn't have any practise with my mum or dad.

Took two takings of my driving test.

10 months of lessons but my instructors was psychotic. He'd snap at random things and go on a screaming spree when I was on the dual carriage way and things like that so I was pretty frightened of driving! He had a mental breakdown like a week after my test too. I didn't have any practise with my mum or dad.

Omg! I would have done a runner lol

I started my lessons in 12th October and passed on 24th July. However at the time when I had lessons most people only had 1 30min lesson a week so if you added up how many hours of lessons it was then it wasn't that long. I passed 1st time.

10 months of lessons but my instructors was psychotic. He'd snap at random things and go on a screaming spree when I was on the dual carriage way and things like that so I was pretty frightened of driving! He had a mental breakdown like a week after my test too. I didn't have any practise with my mum or dad.

Omg! I would have done a runner lol

Me and two friends learnt with him at the same time. We all hated him, he made us all cry, and he made us all wait exactly the same amount of time before doing our tests... But for some reason we all stuck with him :dohh:

Three months, about six to eight weeks of that was waiting for a test too.

Hayley, you know I have anxiety, I learnt to drive from August 2011 so four months after RR was born, my anxiety was probably at an all time high but driving was no problem. I was in control.

Thank you all, you all sound so clever too, I'm shocked at how quick some of you passed!! Emily, automatic really appeals to me, but I'd have to use the family car we aready have, so it's not really an option :(

Hopefully posting provisional off tomorrow then can get driving eeek!!

Has anyone learnt to drive while pregnant? Or is that a silly question and it's a no no? Xx

My birthdays the end of august, I passed first time a week before Xmas. I had maybe two sets so 20 lessons with an instructor and had my own car to practice in too which prob made all the difference.

Oh my goodness just seen your WTT!! :happydance:

We had manual cars when I learnt to drive but I was adamant auto was the way for me (everyone else hated the idea) I got myself a little £500 automatic polo :)

4th try here for my practical test, but had been learning to drive on and off for nearly 3 years (!) Got there in the end lol!

I was pregnant, failed first time at 27 weeks pregnant and passed at 33 weeks pregnant - just in the nick of time :lol: there wasn't much difference between learning to drive pregnant and not pregnant! you'll be fine :) if anything it gave me more motivation.

Oh God! I think close to 2 years :blush:. I had a couple of gaps of about 3 months so I guess more like 18 months. 1 hour a week at first then 2 hours a week. I switched to automatic and then took my test about 6 months later. I passed first time but haven't driven since.

Pretty much this.
I did 10 lessons then my instructor quit (may-july 2012).
Started again with another instructor and did a few months (aug-nov).
Passed my theory test in Nov then stopped over xmas/new years to save money.
Started again in Jan but had to stop in Feb when my waters broke.
Started again in May after E was born/out of hosp and did one lesson a week until Oct when my instructor quit!
Did 5 more lessons with new instructor to get used to the car then did my test and passed first time.
I was a VERY nervous driver and am glad i didnt rush into passing otherwise i'd have been way to scared to actually go out and drive alone with the kids.

Ps i see your WTT! Exciting! As you can tell from my post i did lesson throughout the whole of Es pregnancy and only stopped when my waters broke because i was too scared to carry on. My instructor would have let me carry on until birth had i wanted to.

Thank you all, you all sound so clever too, I'm shocked at how quick some of you passed!! Emily, automatic really appeals to me, but I'd have to use the family car we aready have, so it's not really an option :(

Hopefully posting provisional off tomorrow then can get driving eeek!!

Has anyone learnt to drive while pregnant? Or is that a silly question and it's a no no? Xx

I found out I was pregnant halfway through doing my lessons, was around four/five months pregnant when I did my test.

I passed super quick afyer changing instructors and agree automatic is the way to go! Ive got a galaxy now. Perfect for 3 kids x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->