how long did u wait following mc to ttc?

poasa

Reaction score
Evening all

I'm new to this section! Had mc confirmed today and was wondering how long u waited to ttc?

Thanks
Lynn

I have been told that you don't need to wait until the next cycle, although if you do fall preg it can be harder to date it if you haven't had a normal AF. After my last MC I didn't get fully back into TTC until after one AF but this time I think I will just start again right away.

hey

i had a mmc started on 3rd March and was complete by the 10th March!! had times buti started trying as soon as i stopped bleeding!, nothing happend and i had a period on the 24th April!!! i am now 21+2 weeks pregnant!!! fingers crossed and god willing ill be a mum in Jan!!!

My advice is wait till u have a period so u can date ur pregnancy accuratly then go for it, i did and its payed off xxxx

I waited a year and 5 months because I was too scared and wanted time to heal :( When baby passed away I almost passed away too i was bleeding for twon months non stop and became very ill :( so now this time around I'm really paranoid! good luck! hope to hear from you soon

That must have been terrible for you hun. I was 6 weeks when I lost, had scan yesterday and was a complete miscarriage, I haven't been as heavy as a normal af and seems to be tapering off now x

Heya,

I had a mmc in July and had to have the DNC op. I waited for my first period which ended three weeks ago and we've been trying since. I was 8 weeks when it all started to go wrong. I'm terrified the same thing will happen again but I want i baby soo much it's worth the worry.

I would wait until you've had a full cycle and then go for it...at least you can date properly which will reduce worry and stress.

Best of luck with everything!

xxx

Yeah it was really scary specially cause i was almost dying . after i finally went home i was mad at the world didn't want anything to do with anyone and a month after my sister became pregnant which made me Angry,jealous, sad , happy ,exited a mix of feelings i just remember thinking to myself why did my baby get taken from me at only 8 weeks :( but it has deff made me appreciate the new one coming 1000 times more i'm thankful im alive an able to concieve. Have some grieving time and when you are up to it try! my doctor told me to wait 6 months but almost everyone who didn't have major complications are told 8 weeks (2 normal cycles). Good Luck :hugs2:

DH and I started to sorta try after my first AF but I took awhile to heal so I'm only on my first proper cycle of active trying. I had been told to wait for first AF but looking back I would have saved myself alot of stress and heartache by waiting those three months to heal (had alot of abnormal bleeding) but hindsight is 20/20 and the doctors didn't think it'd be that long as everything seemed to go normally at the time.

I think the most important thing though is to be emotionally ready. It makes the wait a little less psycho.

Good luck!

I lost max in late march/early april, and waited till first AF which was 5 weeks after op. We started trying then at it took 3 cycles :hugs: good luck x

Sorry for you loss poasa :hug:

I didn't wait, I feel ultimately it is upto you and how you feel.

latest studies say you need not delay waiting, it came out few weeks after my mc, here's a link for you:

https://www.parentdish.co.uk/2010/0...after-miscarriage-medics-advise-do-not-delay/

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->