How long did you bleed with your loss?

misfit76

Reaction score
I have been bleeding off and on for 6 weeks. I posted in the miscarriage section but no one is ever over there. I wanted to TTC again ASAP but this miscarriage is taking forever. I had a blighted ovum diagnosed at 6 weeks 4 days. Empty sac. Low Beta. I have been bleeding ever since. I am soooo done!!!!! My doctor refuses to do a ultrasound and also refuses to do a D & C. She says they will only do a D and C if I have a blighted ovum and I am not bleeding. She has been monitoring my bestas and 6 weeks later I am still testing positive on pregnancy tests. My original beta was 1335. 2 weeks later it was 585 then two weeks later it was 385 and I had blood drawn Friday with results expected on Monday. I get horrible cramps that only last a little while, then I bleed like a regular period then once the cramos go away I am back to spotting dark brown for a few days. Then I do it all over again. I assume the cramps are contractions. This is taking forever.....

Has anyone expierienced this? How long did your miscarrige last? I think it is very clear that my body is not passing this as it should. Wish someone would listen. I worry I will end up with a infection over time. Or damage inside where I cannot get pregnant again!

Sorry didn't want to read and run. I've had 3 MCs and bled for a week to 10 days with each. I wanted to tell you to trust your instincts and demand that your doctor listen to you. I insisted that last pregnancy was ectopic even though they couldn't see anything. I was right but luckily I started to miscarry on my own and didn't need any medical intervention. Please trust your body to tell you what is going on!

hi darling im sorry for you loss , with my 2 losses at under ten weeks i bled for around 19 days with my other 2 losses at 24 weeks and 14.3 weeks i bled just over 6 weeks off and on, your doctor should give you a ultrasound to make sure their is nothing left inside which can make you bleed longer as you stated you still have hcg in your system it does sound like you have some tissue left over i had this problem in aug 09 i had a blighted ov and ended up with a d&c pester your doctor hun xxx

I have had 2 early miscarriages at 5 weeks and 4 days and bled for a week with both. I had a ruptured ectopic at 6 weeks and 5 days and bled for 5 days with that one.

Are you able to go to a different doctor to get a second opinion?? I would be SO upset with my doctor to not let me get a d&c if that is what I wanted~ especially after this dragging out as long as it has. If you can't see someone else- I would go in there and let her have it honestly and ask her how she would feel if it was her mom or herself going through this mess and ask her to step up and help you!

Personally, I bled for 5 days on my own - had a d&c- and then bled/spotted for 10 days after.

I hope you get this resolved and I'm sorry for everything you're going through :hugs:

When I asked my doctor about the D and C ahe said with a weird tone "i don't personally do them" and that she would have to contact another doctor to make a apt at the hospital. I should have likey switched doctors weeks ago. I guess I just figured I didnt have a fever and chills or anything to signal infection, Maybe the doctor is right. She said since I didnt have a big event, It would take me longer. I never lost a large ammount of blood to signal a loss. I will make my decision on Monday. My last HCG 3 weeks ago was 384 I believe so If it is not down well below 100....I am going to insist in a D and C. I cant take this any more. Thanks so much for your stories and support.

Sorry for you loss :hugs:

I bled for 6 weeks in a similar way to what you're describing and that was after an ERPC (D&C). I think it is definitely worth getting it checked out - by a different doctor but I don't think it is that unusual.
I hope you get some answers soon.

:hugs:

Just got my lab results from Friday. As of Friday my beta is now 16. Down from 385 3 weeks go. So this is good news. I am still bleeding, still cramping and have the worse headache for weeks now. I am so glad its that low. Now I just need it to be 0!!! I think it will take another week or two. I am still very upset that discussion of a D and C never took place and I was not offered or allowed to have one. I wasnted to miscarry naturally....but 7-8 weeks I may have made a different choice.

Misfit76 - I would seek out another OB.

I had a miscarriage in December at about 12 weeks and had a D & C, bleeding lasted about a week and AF returned like a regular period. In February I was pregnant again and then last month at about 6 weeks I had another miscarriage (natural)! Ugh! That was the worst pain I have ever been through!!! Bleeding lasted about 10 days. Now about 36 days later I am still waiting for AF.

Jessie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->