How long did you wait after stopping the pill?

Mrs.W

Mummy with blue bump!
Reaction score
hello, I am new here :wave:

I have 2 weeks left of the last pill pack that I plan to take, it is dianette, which I have taken for 3 months. I've done loads of searches and it seems that waiting 3 months or so to get it out your system is pretty old advice. Some say wait a month, but only so its easier to work out the dates, but some say you are super fertile as soon as you stop as the pill leaves your system straight away.

Finding this forum has made me even more impatient, so has anyone just finished the pills and gone for it straight away?

I stopped in July... had a 40 day cycle which I concieved in.

They only say give your body 3 months to get cycles back to normal. The new generation pills are out of your system as soon as you finish.

My advice is to watch your cycle if your going to go for it straight away and be certain of the dates - but they change at the 12 week scan!

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm hoping my cycles will be ok. Up until about March/April this year I was taking the pill and had done continually for about 5/6 years and my cycles continued as normal straight away so hopefully these 3 months haven't messed me up (sorry, not to hot with the abbreviations you guys use yet!!)

If I were to stope the pill now, which is one week into this pack would that cause any further problems?

I'm not sure, it might just mean you'll end up having a withdrawal bleed when you stop taking them after this week. And in terms of getting cycles back i just stopped my pill last month and my cycle afterwards was 30 days so only 2 days off what i expected. i know every woman is different but hope this helps x

As Katy said you will get a withdrawl bleed if you stop now or stop in three weeks time... its normal. Then you can start watching how long your cycles are...

Thats great. I think I'll stop them tonight to start getting back to normal. I have DH's approval too :happydance:

After I finished a pack we stopped using any form of contraceptive. My periods seemed to work themselves out quickly and I was pregnant three months later :D

I stopped taking the pill the second last week of June after taking it for about 5 years. I got pregnant our very first cycle afterwards. Good luck!

I plan on stopping my BCP and TTC the very next month. My doctor OK'ed it too.
Good Luck.

Thanks Sandy. So your Dr said it was ok to try straight after your AF and not wait a natural cycle first?

I was on the pill when I fell pregnant, and didn't find out I was pregnant until 6 weeks in so was taking them for half of my first trimester, too! :dohh:

Didn't do us any harm, and certainly didn't affect our fertility! If you wanted to you could just start trying straight away after coming off the pill. The reason to wait would be to let your cycle settle down, I presume? But the dating scans are pretty accurate these days so not the end of the world if your initial due date is a little bit off.

They do say you're very fertile when you first come off the pill in some cases, so maybe this is your best shot for falling pregnant quickly?

Good luck when you do TTC x

Yes, my doctor suggests that for all her patients unless they have had irregular cycles. But she said I could get pg the first cycle and have had more than a few patients who have. So, she said they tell you to wait a cycle to calculate the due date better but she said nowadays it is pretty easy to calculate it anyway.

Good luck when you TTC. I won't be until a year from now most likely.

Sandy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"