How long did you wait for your 1st appointment?

ButternutBabe

Reaction score
When did you (or will you) go in for your first doctors appointment?

I'm currently only 4w3d but I feel I'm high risk (I have had two previous MC's and no successful healthy pregnancies) so I want to go in asap, but I don't want to waste my money if there isn't actually anything they can tell me this early on.

Did you wait till six weeks? Eight? I'm interested to see how long most of you wait.

With all 3 pregnancies I had to wait until 8 weeks

In the UK you book in to see the midwife at 8 weeks, and all it is is going over your and your partners medical history and drawing bloods. There's nothing they can check with baby at that stage really.

I'm going through the same thing. I had a miscarriage last January and now am 5 weeks pregnant. I will call my doctor and set up an appointment asap. Just call and tell them about your previous miscarriages. They might be able to get you in sooner then the 8 weeks.

Eight weeks feels so far from now! It's going to be incredibly hard staying sane until then, but I appreciate all your feedback. I will still speak to my doctor and see if there's anything I can do early on (other than taking my prenatal's) to make sure this one sticks..

I went for my first prenatal at 10w5d, but my OB had already arranged prenatal blw and a dating u/s since I had seen him for a fertility consult a couple weeks before.

I think your family doctor or a clinic can adequately monitor beta levels. Not much can be seen by u/s at 4w.

I have the luxury of living in Canada so we don't pay out of pocket, but if I did I would wait to see an OB around 7 or 8 weeks.

I've booked in my first appointment! Sep 28th, I'll be seven, almost eight, weeks :)

I'll be roughly 7w5d for my first appointment. I'm quite nervous about it. Just keep seeing all these earlier appointments and while I've had nausea and sore boobs and peeing a lot and all the lovely signs, it just doesn't feel real until I see a heartbeat.

Just had my first apt at 10 weeks. You should be able to get in sooner since you have had two previous MCs.

I thought I was further along and went in at so I thought 6 weeks, and they didnt see what they wanted to see. Told me to come back at 8 weeks, going early just scared me and has made waiting so much longer :( I would reccomend going in at 8 weeks that way they can deffinitley see something!

I'll be 6 weeks at my first appointment (UK) but based on O and implantation I'll be about 3 weeks ... I'm not sure what the procedure will be but it seems like 6-8 weeks is the norm x

I don't have my first apt till between 15/16 weeks, but that's only because I'm a new patient and they couldn't get me in sooner. My previous pregnancies, I was in between 8/9 weeks with my first and 10/11 weeks with my second.

I'm in the same boat as you. No healthy pregnancies, and two miscarriages. I got in with my OB the day after I got my bfp and I was 4w3d. Honestly, I would book asap if I were you. It was a massive piece of mind for me and I immediately got put on progesterone and heparin. I already have been classified as a high risk pregnancy because I may have a clotting disorder.

They also booked me an extra scan at 7 weeks to make sure everything is going well.

I had a gp appointment at about 5weeks with both pregnancies to have bloodwork done and get an ultrasound referral. I'm in Australia :)

We go for our first transvaginal scan at 7 weeks where they detect the heartbeat and do a full 30-minute check from head to toe.

I would definitely see if you can get bloods taken to check your levels as that will be the first indication that things are progressing as they should.

So difficult when you've only ever known MCs. I am so sorry how emotionally taxing this all is. Hugs

Oh man, Danny.... you can say that again! When MC's is all you know, it's hard to be excited about anything. It's just a constant battle to give yourself peace of mind. My MIL asked me the other day if I was excited (we had to tell her because she is going to show me how to inject my heparin. She's a nurse practitioner) and I flat out said I'm just getting by each day. She told me that's not a good way to think and sure it isn't but it almost becomes a way to protect yourself.

Sorry to rant, but that one comment just struck a big nerve with me because you are so right! Butternut, do what you need to do for your peace of mind and in the meantime try to find something that relaxes you and lets you go a little mindless. I've been reading and crocheting a lot lately.

Thank you everyone for all the replies! It is hard to not worry, but with how sick I've been these past few days I feel like this one has finally stuck.

I'm all booked in for my first appointment, ten days from now.

Yay! I hope this is a sticky one for you too, Butternut! ^.^ I feel the same way. with how nauseous I've been, I feel this one is a sticky one. Fingers crossed for both of us! <3

Ninja and Butternut the nausea is such a good sign!! I am also feeling it and never had any sickness with my MC.

I still rush to the loo whenever I feel watery CM and it is very hard not to assume something is going to go wrong again. And we are allowed to feel anxious. Even though I am a huge advocate of positivity creating positive outcomes we can't shut out our feelings and that includes worry and being scared. Allow yourself to feel everything that you feel but then also give yourself a chance to feel hopeful and excited too. Hugs to you both

Oh, don't I know that running to the loo feeling. I'm on Endometrin atom and that is some messy stuff! Lol. I tend to freak out the most though when I feel those random tugging cramps moments in my uterus that come and go. With my first mc, all I felt was one random sharp pain and the. It was done.... So those freak me out. I am just so thankful I have a counsellor that specializes in maternal care to talk to. I see her tomorrow and we are talking about me going on anxiety mess because I suffer from multiple anxiety disorders and that may help a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->