how long did you wait to have sex?

mom and ttc

Reaction score
i miscarried 3 days ago, i was only 6/7 weeks. been really depressed, and today we had a bbq and i had a few beers and was super happy arond friends and got everything of my mind.
i stopped bleeding today, one thing turned into another and we had sex after we got home.
i know it is soon, and yesterday i didnt even wanna kiss. i am very glad today happend and i was able to think about something different.
my husband wasnt sure, but since i was the one who wanted it he woldnt say no :D he would have never pushed it :)
how long did you wait?

About a week. My choice, and due to bleeding. If it wasn't for the bleeding, I probably would have done it sooner. Took me longer to stop I think because I was further along, 18 weeks.

It took me about a month to have sex again, simply because of how depressed I became. I lost my baby at about 9 1/2 weeks.

we pretty much got straight back into the swing of things quickly. It really made me feel better just being close to my OH. I didn't bleed alot but if I had I'd probably of waited till that stopped. If it felt good no harm done! X

With my first loss, I had a D&C (should've been 12 weeks), so we waited about 2.5 weeks. I think it was more the emotional factor, because I really didn't want to DTD so soon after the loss.

With this past one, I think we waited until the bleeding stopped. So around a week or so.

i had a mc at 6/7 wks i bled for a lil over a wk it was like 4 days after i stopped bleeding before me and my dh had sex. i waited because i was heart broken but it felt good to do it again and actually helped me feel less depressed

With my first I bled and spotted for around 10 days I think we dtd after I stopped spotting. With this one I dont know, I will say we will be back to it after I stop bleeding, but have experienced more pains with this one than the last. Will play it by ear, when we spoke with my GP she just said wait until you stop bleeding. x

So sorry for your loss xxx

I bled for a long time after my miscarriage at 6 weeks. But as soon as the bleeding stopped we started making love again. I just needed that closeness and normality back in our relationship.

((((hugs))))

Still waiting - been about 3 weeks since D&C and I was rather sore afterwards, grazes I guess. It's just psychological now, really want to get back on that horse - so to speak! ;-)

Clare

we waited just under a week after my mc. At that point, my sex drive went through the roof and my DH didn't protest:winkwink:

We waited about 5 weeks...but that is mostly because I was bleeding for the first 3, and required a second d&c. Then the doctors said I had to wait 2 weeks to prevent infection...I think the main thing is that you feel ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->