How long did you wait?

beachlover1

Pregnant and mummy of one
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was part of this forum until a week ago :cry: when I had to have a D&C for a Missed MC. I knew it was coming from the start, so from the day I saw my first scan i was prepared mentally.

Ok, so some of you will have been unfortunate enough to have had one too sometime in the past, but hey youre all here now:thumbup: so somethings gone right!!!

Can I ask, if you have had to have a D&C or know someone that had one, how long did you wait to TTC again?

I want to get trying for that :bfp: ASAP!!

Sorry to barge in on your thread!!...I so want to be back here very soon.

Thanks guys x

Hi hun didnt want to read and run.
Ive never had a mc but i would say wait as long as you need if you feel the time is right now to ttc go for it if not wait a while, its down to personal choice :)

Wishing you all the best and sorry for your loss :hugs:

Hi Hun,

so sorry to read about this

How far along were you? i think that the further along you were the longer it takes your body to recover (dont quote me on that though!) I got pregnant the very next cycle and am now 12 weeks!

Hi hun
sorry to hear about your loss but as you say there are lots of us on here now that have been through it!
I had a D&C at the end of March and we decided to wait until I had had first proper AF to make sure everything was working again and back to normal. This was totally our decison though and not reccomened by anyone, it was what we WANTED to do. It also took me a while to be ready to have sex again as well after the procedure. But we got BFP at begining of Aug so we were lucky it didnt take us too long to fall again! I think really you just have to do whatever feels right for you. xxxxx

Hi, sorry to hear about your loss

I had a mmc and D and c at the end of May. We waited until i had a proper AF (4 week after D and C). I then got my BFP on the 17th July.

I agree with the other posters you should do what you feels right for you.

xox

hey hun. really sorry for your loss. My last preg ended in a d&c in June when bub stopped growing at 9 weeks and that was after seeing the heartbeat at 8 weeks. total kick in the teeth but i just knew in my heart from the start something was up. Anyway d&c on 11th June. Af on 12th of July, then another weird af on 29th. My bod prob just trying to get back to normal. Got my bfp on 19th this month. I am totally flipping out over this pregnancy now and cant stop myself from thinking the worst Everyone is different hun, but like you i wanted to be preg straight away. Its totally up to you and you oh. xxx

Hey there I had a d and c on 24th June and just got a bfp last night. We tried before first af but it didn't work so now have only had one af since. It's a personal decision. good luck and sorry for your loss x

I haven't experienced this, but my sister did. While they could have started trying sooner, they didn't feel ready to try again till about a year later. They were lucky and she got PG first try and they now have a wonderful baby girl. As long as there is no medical reason to wait, then its whenever you feel ready to try again. Good Luck.

Thanks everyone.....obviously the answers I wanted to hear!! I was only 7 / 8 weeks along so hopefully everything will right itself again really fast!

i mmc with my first pregnancy, happens a lot, we started ttc as soon as i stopped bleeding after the dnc , we started as soon as poss cos it took us a long time to concieve to begin with........it took us 7mth till we got our :bfp: and now weve got out littleman :D
try not to be to down hearted hun, look into the future and ur next sticky :bfp: wishing u all the best and goodluckx x

I had a d&c and was told i only had to wait for one natural period ( even though i waited longer)

xxx

Thats what i have been told too! Im just too desperate to get started ASAP thats my problem!!...which is silly, i dont even have a BFP yet, as its only been a week and my HCG is still dropping!!

I was TOLD to wait 6 months (yeah right). I tried again the second month (after one normal period) but it took me four months to get pg again. unfortunately I lost that one too (but ended up waiting to m/c naturally). Then I got pg with my daughter two cycles later (after only one normal period). YAY!!

hi hun

i had a mmc/d&c in april at 7+4 weeks. We started ttc again almost straightaway. i figure that your body won't get pg if it isn't ready to. good luck - hope you don't have to wait long for your BFP!

x

Thanks Kristen, fingers crossed that me and the others will be back here soon.

PS did you wait for a cycle or just get trying?

no, we just jumped back on the horse. about a week after the bleeding stopped. took us three cycles. good luck honey xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->