How long do u have to wait to be able to claim

mummylove

Reaction score
My oh is aving problems at work where he is being blamed for things he hasnt done and they have told him his on his last warning. He is a self employed taxi driver. So i was wondering if he did lose his job how long would he have to wait to claim a benefit? I was told he couldnt claim for 6 months. He has asked me to look for work for him today so im doing that for him. This is just a back up if the worst happens. This is the last thing we need with everything else going on. If he loses his job we will be on the streets cus we wont be able too live on £500 a month. I am losing my money in ocotber as well so its one thing after another

Sorry no direct experience in this but when OH had to sign on earlier this year the paperwork from the JC said it can sanction for 6 months. If he does get sacked still put the claim in as well HB a d inform tax credits to ensure you get what you are entitled too.

Sacking can also lead to sanctions for 6 months if it's for gross misconduct.

They are very strict on the 6 months thing. Too. I didn't go back after mat leave as we were meant to have been moving away but it fell through so I started claiming. They gave me a form to fill in and said if there investigations prooved I had left my job for no reason then my.money would stop. Luckily it didn't.

But.by what you put, I would say you would 85% probably not be entitled to any money if he leaves on his own free will

Oh no he wouldnt leave on his own free will he will only leave if its into another job. I just on about if they sack him.

If he gets sacked for gross misconduct or something that constitutes gross misconduct, he can't claim for 6 months. OH got sacked (refused to do a shift 12 hours after Id given birth! He'd only been there 7 weeks, didn't qualify for paternity leave, had booked a week off starting lo's due date but lo came early) but luckily they decreed his sacking wasn't a sanction

Thanks im just hoping he finds another job.

OH got sacked for gross misconduct in his previous job, he started claiming and got money straight away, however, 3 months later just as he had found a new job, we had a letter from job seekers to say that his money had been stopped because of the gross misconduct. Luckily he had just found another job!

He is self employed so technically won't be sacked as he is not employed

Does he not have the option to find another car or office to drive for?

In dundee the drivers flit from one to another all the time if they have any probs

He uses their car. He has a taxi license and can go try at another taxi firm but depending where it is u have to do a knowledge test and he doesnt know some of the areas where there are jobs going

Oh we have several companies in our licensing area, do you just have the one?

Only asking out of noseyness really as it's so different everywhere

There is a few he used to work for another one in same area but they treated him like shit so wont go bk there. There is another where his mum and dad live that he is going to apply at. U see he has to renew his license this month and pay for another crb check cus u have to do crb every 3 years. I dont want us paying that out and then the worst happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->