how long does it take to fully heal?

harrysmummy2b

mummy to 1 beautiful boy!
Reaction score
hi ladies so i had my postnatal check last week and my doctor said my scar was healed but he told me i still cant lift anything and not to exercise for another 2-3 weeks also wen me and hubby had :sex: the other day it felt like my stomach was going to pop i was just wondering how long it takes for you to be fully healed inside and out?

It's been awhile, but I believe I was at least 8 weeks pp before I felt mostly "normal" again. However, everyone heals differently, and as long as there isn't any unusual swelling/redness/massive pain, you'll probably just have to continue to take it easy. It sucks, but it's better than prolonging the pain. (((hugs)))

I was told 6 weeks to expect to be back to normal but I think it is different for everyone.

I cooked dinner on my firat night home from the hospital (3 nights pp). I felt really good after 2 weeks, but still had a little pain and had to be careful. I started driving at 3 wks pp, though I could have done it much sooner. At 4 weeks, I felt almost back to normal except for difficulty turning over in bed. I'm 8 wks pp now and I feel pretty awesome. I still have some numbness around my incision, but that's about it. Overall, my recovery was easier than I anticipated, but don't ask about the first day post op! Ouch!!!!!

I think you can start returning to normal routines after 6 to 8 weeks but you did have major abdominal surgery so I was told to expect it to take up to 6 months to feel completely 100%. I know I had little aches and pains here and there for a long time afterwards. They didn't interfere with everyday life but the pain was a nuisance.

everybody heeling time is way different.
just go at your own pace
I know my scar area after both my sections felt ''unhealed fully''
for 16weeks PP
I was back driving the day after i got out of hospital after my 2nd section (day 5)
and back driving day 6 after my 1st section
I was lucky enough to have quick recoverys after both especially my 2nd one.
but had no choice but to lift heavy things as I had a 33lb 18month old that needed picking in and out of cot everyday.

just go at your own pace, take it slow and hope your feeling fully healed again soon x

We are all different. I ad my second section 3.5 weeks ago and I'm fully healed. I had no pain from 1 week pp and ave been doing normal stuff around the house since then- hoovering, cleaning etc. I am still careful about lifting though, I still haven't picked up my toddler and. Waited until today to go my first swim. Is this your first? I took slit lnger to recover the first time

I was told by my ob/gyn (who had one for her first baby, as well) that it can take 6 months to fully and completely heal BUT there are levels of healing, e.g. no heavy lifting, strenuous exercise for up to 12wks (this is not due to scar or incision -- it won't open again, but due to possible hernia (?), if that makes sense). Also, I have noticed when it's PMT, ovulation and my actual period, I have pains/cramps not in the incision, but around my tummy (where it is still healing internally).

Obviously, other ladies here have 'recovered' quickly (I put 'recovered' in quotes in the sense of recovering to do ordinary life stuff by need and ability), but internally, it can take awhile -- if you need painkillers or to take it easy for awhile, that's perfectly okay!

I'm 3 1/2 months and have recovered well, I think -- except for some cramps around my AF/tummy and some general discomfort when I overdo it, e.g. loads of hoovering, going up and down loads of stairs, lifting heavy boxes -- I can do it, but am sore the next day (hence, my taking it a little easier the day or two following) -- we're massively spring-cleaning as was not well in the last month of pregnancy (and couldn't really clean months 6-8 anyway!)

best wishes

thank you all ladies for replying harry is my first baby the only reason i asked is because my doctor asked about having more children and i said i wanted to wait a while but if i do get caught again and i havent healed fully i dont want to damage myself inside from another pregnancy

My ob/gyn said it's advisable to wait at least 6 months to a year after a c-section BUT it might be in my case, I had pre-eclampsia as well, so perhaps at least 6 months? If you do get pregnant again, try not to worry (although kudos for even thinking about sex so soon after your LO!).

best wishes

well i'm back on the pill so there's no chance of me getting caught so soon and hubby and i have only had sex twice since we had harry so taking everything really slow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->