How long does Maternity Exemption Certificate take to come?

pinkpolkadot

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had one yet and how long it took to come (this is the one so you can claim your free prescriptions). I dropped mine in at the docs about 6 weeks ago and heard nothing yet. The lady said to allow about 6 weeks but when I looked on the NHS website it says they aim to process them in about 3 days (that is once the doc has signed and sent it to them)!!!

wow, id get onto them, i filled out the form at my 16 week check and had the card a week later!

I applied for mine at about 8 weeks pregnant and had it within a week, def chase them up x

I filled my form in with my booking in appointment with midwife at around 7 weeks, I had it by the time I was 9 weeks pregnant. Would definitely chase it up!

Yeah I would chase it up I had mine in about a two weeks max.

I had mine within a week - went to the doctor and he filled his part in, took it home, filled it in and posted it off myself. Def chase them up if it's taken six weeks already!

Yep, agree with all the above posters, mine came within about a week. I did post it myself though.

Hoep you get sorted soon.

I was told they didnt really do them anymore, when I asked for it to show dentist, she said I could use MATB1 instead, and gave me that :shrug:

I have my 16wk midwife appt this friday so might get to apply for one then.

In Scotland we get free prescriptions so not needing it really:flower:

I got mine within a week after sending it, so definitley chase it up x

Ooh thanks ladies, I will defo chase that up again, I thought the receptionist looked like she was fobbing me off TBH!

I gave mine to my midwife to stamp and send off almost 4 weeks ago. No sign of it yet.

I just called the place they issue them and they haven't even received mine yet! I called the docs and they weren't bothered really, just told me to fill another in, sounds like they have lost it, just hope the same doesn't happen again!

How annoying for you. If I was you I'd bring it with you to your next appointment, get it stamped and then send it off yourself if the surgery can't be trusted.

Strangely after posting here earlier mine arrived just after. It doesn't mention anything about dental treatment but I assume it's covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->