How long does morning sickness last?

kidlove

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy and I am about 6-8 weeks along. I have been having nausea for going on two weeks now and I just want to know how long does it normally last?

Hi, it differs for everyone so it's hard to say. I had hardly any with my son but this time, it's only just started easing and I'm 14 weeks. They say it usually does by the second trimester.

Hope it eases for you soon!
Bx

It varies greatly. Usually morning sickness goes away around 12-14 weeks. Mine lasted 16 weeks with baby #2 and 18 weeks with baby #3 but I had HG with them. I didn't have any morning sickness with my first. With this one morning sickness hit at 5 1/2 weeks and still going strong.

With my sons, my morning sickness was gone before the end of the first trimester. With my daughter, I had morning sickness until 24 weeks. I still have morning sickness with this one, and it seems to be getting worse, so I'm not feeling very optimistic about it ending any time soon.

It's impossible to say sadly :( everyone is different! I googled that question so many times when I felt so miserable with it but there is no way to know how you will be. I had it quite bad and had medication. Even with medication, I felt horrifically nauseous until around week 14. It started to ease off gradually between 14-20 and was better by week 21. That said, i still feel sick at low level every day. But it's now just something I've learnt to live with and it's just a bit annoying. It doesn't bother me anymore really.

I hope you are much luckier than me and it goes away with the first trimester!

I started feeling a lot better at about 12 and a half weeks. But I still get waves of nausea daily, and I just threw up again today.

This is my first pregnancy and I am about 6-8 weeks along. I have been having nausea for going on two weeks now and I just want to know how long does it normally last?

Every one is different but mines is starting to ease up now and go from being an all day everyday thing to a lot less frequently. THey say the symptoms start to ease up around ten to twelve weeks when the placenta takes over. Hope this helps and good luck

With my daughter it started from 8 dpo and was pretty bad (never sick but constantly nauseous) to about 11 weeks. Then I felt a little better but still no appetite and really turned off by food. That lifted and I started to feel like myself again by 14 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->