How long does Ovulation last?

xZoeyx

Reaction score
Strange question but I had positive sticks yesterday morning, (faintly positive 2 days ago too), and still having positive sticks today, when will the positive results fade? Or will they stay like this for a while?

I really wanna start my TWW but can't cos can't work out when I ovulated, is today ovulation or was yesterday?

I have extremely milky CM today, and ALOT of it, but had EWCM yesterday. So confused

Strange question but I had positive sticks yesterday morning, (faintly positive 2 days ago too), and still having positive sticks today, when will the positive results fade? Or will they stay like this for a while?

I really wanna start my TWW but can't cos can't work out when I ovulated, is today ovulation or was yesterday?

I have extremely milky CM today, and ALOT of it, but had EWCM yesterday. So confused

First of all you cant have a "faint" positive ovulation test. It is only positive if the test line is darker or as dark as the control line. It does not detect ovulation per se just that you are producing the hormone and gearing up to ovulate. You could have an LH surge 2 days prior to or you could have one and then not ovulate at all. GL to you!

Hi! You may have faint test lines as we always have lh in our systems. It only becomes positive when the test line is the same color or darker than the control line. (Opposed to a hpt where a faint second line is a positive.) The test line becomes as dark as or darker than the control line when it is truly positive. So you may have light lines leading up to the true positive. There are a lot of examples/progressions of this if you search online.

Once you have a true positive, meaning your lh has surged, you usually are expected to ovulate within 12-36 hours. It may vary based on the brand of opk you use. It's usually in the 24-36 hour range. Remember though the bd before ovulation is what usually guarantees the best odds. The few days leading up to and the day of ovulation are the best days.

However, one downside to opks is that they may not always guarantee ovulation happened. You may get what you think is a true positive, but you are delayed for some reason such as illness, stress, etc. Then ovulation is delayed a few days and you might get another true positive opk. This is why so many people like to temp as well. Whereas opks should be able to tell us before ovulation, temping confirms that ovulation did happen after you see a temp shift.

I'd recommend continuing to use opks and see if you get a line that is the same as or darker than the control line. I know this can be frustrating and confusing. I'd also recommend watching for other signs like ovulation cramping, monitoring your cm (watery and ewcm being the most fertile), and consider temping if you have trouble with opks.

Good luck! :flower:

Yeah I had a line progression that went from faint to as dark.

I can't understand temping it really confuses me :( and also I am really strange in the sense I am hot when it's cold and cold when it's hot so I am not sure temping would help..

Thanks for te advice , I had Milky white discharge yesterday and day before EWCM so I am sure that was ovulation so today I should be 1-2 dpo

It doesn't really matter for how long your positive OPK result stays positive, what your should look at is your FIRST positive OPK, then you should stop checking it. After your first positive OPK your O may take place in the day of your positive test, the day after or even two days after that. Also, remember that the positive opk doesn't confirm you will ovulate, it just says that your body is preparing for ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->