How long for a vasectomy?

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
DH got a referral from our gp six weeks ago and we've heard nothing. I know it's only six weeks but I'm impatient. Just wondering others experiences of hearing back, then how long for an appointment and how long for op?

We got a letter from a self referral service about 2 weeks afterwards. Oh needed to ring the clinic to book an apt but there weren't any openings so we are now waiting for them. We are told earliest, Jan.
Might be worth chasing the docs?

Thanks hayley. I'll get him to ring them x

That's a long wait!

Rhys was born May 5. Stan had a vasectomy by father's day that year haha.

Wow that was quick Vickie.

Matt doesnt work until 3pm tomorrow so I'll get him to ring x

Dh went to the doc in April to ask about it and had it done 4 weeks later xx

He finally rang and they gave him an appointment for 11th December

That's good, oh is 30th Jan, just got it today. Hope it goes well for him. Would love an update if poss?

My dh said it wasn't sore.Got it done in may at our gp surgery,was out within 40 mins. Handed sample in mid September and one in mid Oct and got given the all clear last week!! :happydance:

My husband went to our gp when I was 3 months pregnant but after 5 months we heard nothing. We phoned the Dr up and they had no record of him being referred! He had it done a few weeks ago and said it wasn't painful. He has had worse trips to the dentist 😂

Damn I wanted it to be painful :rofl:

So the 11th Dec got cancelled. 29th Jan was the new one, got a text reminder on the 28th, went the 29th to be told oh no we changed it to the 4th Feb. Grrrr. 4th Feb the consultant just said oh you want it done, he said yeah, forms signed. He received the appointment yesterday, 24th Feb. Three days before his birthday :haha:

I feel 100% sure but there's this tiny niggle that what if I regret it one day? What if it's my hormones because I'm still BF? What if it's because of how traumatic getting Orion was and his pregnancy?

Oh had his done last week. 2 days before I started to get that niggle too.. What if I do change my mind? Etc.. I sighed a little when he had it done but now it's final I can accept it a lot more. I remind myself of what I have and what I can bring to our family knowing we're complete.
It's hard when it's final but I would say its normal what your feeling. Have another chat with oh to be certain.

I was 100% certain b4 dh got his,but while he was in I had a couple of niggling doubts. Now that it's done and he's had the all clear it's great!! I can't imagine being pregnant ever again nor do I want to be. Don't have to worry about contraception.
I personally couldn't cope with another loss or the pelvic pain of pregnancy and I am happy and feel that my family is complete now. Well apart from a dog but i'll need to wait until I stop private renting for that :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->