How long from starting to wean to 3 meals a day?

lam_76

Reaction score
I started weaning lo about 10 days ago, we're doing a mixture of blw and tw and i was just wondering how long roughly it should take to go on to 3meals a day? I know all babies are different but i think lo would take 3 meals now and i thought thats a bit quick and i don't want to feed him too much!

Weve been weaning dd for about a month and she sometimes eats 3 meals. She always has breakfast and dinner but can give or take lunch. Ds was on 3 meals pretty much straight away. Just go with what your lo seems to want, if they dont want it they wont eat it.

We have done blw and for the first few months, we had no structure, we kept to the same milk feeds and just have food as and when for her to play with and get the hang of it so I wasn't putting any pressure on myself or LO. At 9 months, we started a proper structured meal routine with 3 meals and 2 snacks and within a couple of weeks, she had dropped her daytime milk feeds.
Everyone is different and it's what works for you.

We started BLW at 6 months (though she didn't really take to it until around 8 months). She wasn't on three meals a day until well after a year old.

For DD who started on BLW at six month, I always offered three meals maybe after a week or two of starting it. The beauty of BLW (I think) is you offer and they can pick and snack if hungry or play with it and have fun if not hungry (not fun cleaning up though).
For DS who is combo BLW/TW, he started to have three meals after about a month we started weaning, so maybe 7-8 months?

My ds is almost 11 months and he's had 3 meals a day since turning 10 months old x

With Callum we started giving him dinner at 6 months, then went onto tea at 7 months, by 8 months he started having breakfast xx

I can take as long as you both want. For us, it was about 1.5 months, started at 6 months (BLW) and by 7.5 months we were doing 3 meals a day most day. There isn't necessarily a rush (it's extra work and money), but if your LO is happy to do it and you feel ready and have the time, then certainly no harm.

Thanks! I think im just scared of feeding him too much, i have battled with my weight nearly all my life and i dont want him to be overweight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->