How long have you been NTNP?

jeanbean22

WTT/NTNP baby#1
Reaction score
And how relaxed are you about it?
I'm only on my 2nd month ntnp and I'm already finding it stressful.
How do you all cope with this?
x

Done 2 full months, now into 3rd cycle.

I'm not as relaxed about it as I should be. I guess I'm NTNP with a dash of TTC. I don't temp, but I did use OPKs the last 2 cycles to see if I was actually ov'ing after 11 years on the pill. Look at my CM now and again. I'm not testing till AF is late though, I really don't want to get into the 'peeing on sticks from 7 DPO onwards' mindset as it just sets you up for so much disappointment imo!

It is hard to relax and not worry but I'm just trying to take each cycle as it comes, BD as much as we like, and hope for the best. I'm coming up to my fertile week soon and looking forward to it, actually. :haha:

This is only our second month and just like elhaym...we are not too relaxed about it. I'm not temping nor doing opks but I am keeping track of my fertile days and when is ovulation and bed as much as possible then. I should be more relaxed about but im so darn impatient. we'll see how long it takes.

I'm waiting for AF to arrive for our 2nd month of trying.

I'm supposed to be not thinking about it too much but no matter how hard I try I am symptom spotting!! I might use OPK's next month just for one month to check I am ov'ing.

I'm also on my 3rd month of trying & aren't really bothered about it! If it happens, it happens. My OH is away a lot so there's not much point in getting stressed about it, we aren't having enough sex to catch the egg anyway! I'll probably be more stressed when we actually manage to BD around Ov time & I know there's a chance. At the moment I'm just enjoying working out my body, getting AF when she's actually due, feeling mittelschmerz & getting EWCM. It's just good to know I work!

first month here for us but I gotta say Im pretty relaxed about it :) all Im focused on right now is Zanders 1st Birthday this sunday I cant wait!!!
only thing is Ill know when(if) I ovulate and thats when Ill try to jump on DH :haha:

HI LADIES!
I would love to join the chat.
nt/np forever!! At least it feels that way..dh and I dont use anything and never have...its been around 3 years!
I am only on cd 4-already driving myself crazy-i definately have the fever!

Lisabutterfly - We are alot alike...3 years, i recently had a m/c and I am originally from NY...what part are you from?

This is my first official month... :blush: not really worrying about it though I am really wondering what will happen. Kind of concerned about if my cycles are messed up from the pill/also not really taking my pill "correctly" for the past few months anyhow.

Came off the pill in July, but things have only really started settling down this last cycle or so (I think/hope anyways!). I've not been temping or monitoring cm, I track my periods with an app on my phone that then predicts my fertile times and my ovulation. I have bought some OPKs, but I'm going to try and hold off till January till I try them out.

I think I am about to start my 5th month of NTNP. We are currently just using withdrawal (and being more careful sometimes than others).

About 4 years ago I went to the doctors with a bleeding issue. They put me on BC because I had an ovarian cyst, but my bleeding issues continued (although the cyst shrank). Over the next 4 years I had been put on may different pills (solia, loevra, yaz, seasonique to name a few), also the NuvaRing, and finally the depo shot. I also had an unnecessary D&C where they discovered I had a small septate (hart shaped uterus). This, however, had nothing to do with my bleeding issue.

After my doctor gave me the depo shot (and after not giving me ANY info on it), i started bleeding continuously for 4 months. An internal ultrasound revealed I was still ovulating on depo, and as it turns out I have been ovulating on every form of birth control, which was making me bleed twice a month (once because of a "normal" period, and again because of withdrawal bleeding on the BC).

I decided to stop all hormonal treatment, and eventually my cycles started regulating on their own. For the past 3 months they have thankfully been almost like clockwork.

Anywho, after I stopped BC, it was fiance's turn to wear the ol' love glove--and as it turns out, the friction from it gives him a rash (and it slightly burns for me!). It seemed like the only alternative is an IUD, but no doctor will come near me with one because of my funky shaped uterus. When we realized we really had no where to turn for birth control, we had a long discussion about just using withdrawal, and ever since we've been officially NTNP.

Wow that was a lot! Sorry ladies lol

Since about June/July without contraception....really hoping to have a confirmed sticky bean by Christmas....if not, we'll keep on trying

About 5 months now but OH has a 0 morphology (zero normal sperm) so not expecting any BFP's anytime soon :(

have been ntnp for nearly three years now and not been too stressed until I hit 30 so we are about to join the ranks of ttc!

Since about June/July without contraception....really hoping to have a confirmed sticky bean by Christmas....if not, we'll keep on trying

That's right where I'm at...but I have been off BCP since Sept and FINALLY got a period without being on it...hoping for a :bfp: within the year, especially since my :wedding: is this week. A holiday conception would be such a blessing.

have been ntnp for nearly three years now and not been too stressed until I hit 30 so we are about to join the ranks of ttc!

Hi twinkle, I am right there with ya. I have been off of BC for 6yrs now and my hubby and I have done absolutely nothing to prevent. We didn't realize exactally how bad we wanted a baby untill I got preggo last june, but I lost the baby @ 10wks, then I turned 30 in may and I swear that whole biological clock thing is no joke!!!!!

That's right where I'm at...but I have been off BCP since Sept and FINALLY got a period without being on it...hoping for a :bfp: within the year, especially since my :wedding: is this week. A holiday conception would be such a blessing.

Ooooh, your wedding is really close! You excited? :happydance:

I'm waiting for AF to arrive for our 2nd month of trying.

I'm supposed to be not thinking about it too much but no matter how hard I try I am symptom spotting!! I might use OPK's next month just for one month to check I am ov'ing.

Me too. I might get OPK's next month...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"