How long in hospital?

Vici

Mum to a LTTC princess!!
Reaction score
Hi girls, my friends little sister had her baby girl today 6 weeks early. She weighed in at a diddy £lb8oz. Any clues on how long she may have to stay in for? (she is having a bit of help with breathing but doing really well) xx

Usually they aim for the due date and anything soomer is a bonus! Sometimes the less "extreme" preemies get home a bit quicker but it all depends on feeding, weight gain, breathing etc.

Sophie was 13 weeks early, weighed 1lb 13 and came home 6 days before her due date, weighing 5lb 6oz.

I hope your friend's sister's baby does well xxxx

Chloe was 11 weeks early and came home 2 weeks before her due date.

Baby was 10 weeks early and came home 5 days after his due date. Depends on each hospital and their requirements but ours was feeding well and off tubes

My 33+3 weeker was in for 10 days. Every baby and every hospital are different. Main probs at this gestation we found are maintaining temp, jaundice and minor breathing problems.

Congrats to your friends little sister:flower:

33 and a 35 weeker both came home just after 2 weeks.

Very much depends on the baby and hospital. Mine has a 5lb weight guideline. So that even full term babies below 5lb will be kept in till they are above 5lb.

Luckily mine were both above that at birth.

Thanks ladies, she only had help with breathing for a little while and is now off everything. She just has her feeding tube :) :flower:

Chloe and Jaycee were 10+1 (born 29+6) weeks early and came home at 33+6 weeks gestation. Stayed in for 4 weeks exactly. It all depends.

My lo was 6 weeks early, she was 5lb 2 and we were home after 8 days. She started feeding and once she did this she was able to come home- they originally said she would be in until her due date or at least until she reached 37 weeks gestation
She was 35+ 3 when we came home

Poppy was 6 weeks prem but weighed 5lb 1. She was in for 2 weeks. Hope your friends LO is home soon.

Andrew came home two days after his original due date, would have been sooner if he hadn't insisted on demonstrating that he could wean himself off oxygen before coming home!

Reagan was born at 29 weeks, weighing 2lbs 5ozs, she came home after 7 weeks (which would have been 36 weeks gestation) weighing 4lbs 10ozs.

They say aim for their due date and anything less is a complete bonus :thumbup:

Elias was born at 34 weeks and came home after 10 days. He lost a lot of weight and that was a big reason why we had to stay. I hope your friends baby comes home soon!

my lil grl was born 15 wks early and came home 2 weeks after her due date it just depends on the baby really

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->