how long is this going to go on? (HG) I don't know how much longer I can take it...

LadyHutch

HutchMom
Reaction score
I'm so sick I can't function. I am a high functioning person, with a lot of responsibilities and a busy life. I have a lot of obligations...3 kids, a husband, a job, active in the church, a house to clean, PTA, activities for the kids, a mountain of laundry, cooking to do...

All I can do is lay on the couch. My poor husband is also a very busy man and he is having to pick up my slack. Its making him grumpy as he doesn't have time to pick it up. But he is doing it and keeping his grump to himself the best he can.

Moving makes me puke. My head is pounding. I am so sick I can hardly stand it.

Please, someone, tell me this is going to get better soon. I was not even remotely this sick with DS.

My doctor told me I might not start feeling better until weeks 15-20. :growlmad: I'm near the end of week 10 now and every week is worse than the last. I have a long-hours, fast-paced job that I've been physically unable to handle and I'm scared I'm going to get fired before this goes away. My doc also said there's no other meds on the market to try, nothing has worked. Sorry I don't have any good advice, just commiserating! How far along are you?

8w3d. And like you, its getting worse, not better. I am on diclegis, zofran, and now phenergran suppositories, which I just want to poop out as soon as they go in.

=(

I feel your pain! We must have the same due date btw :) I have a 14 months old daughter and a five year old stepson and been feeling so sick for the last two weeks.
DH has to do everything and he doesn't seem to mind much, but it is driving me crazy.
hopefully we will be better in a few weeks, with my daughter symptoms and sickness eased off around 12/13 weeks. good luck xx

hi ladies I'm sorry you have this ugly sickness. I had HG from six weeks until I gave birth. there's hardly anything that gets it under control, I managed to keep some food down when I started taking Asic after 12w. As a result I gave birth to a small baby.
But on a positive note, it made me very conscious of what I ate. I had to focus on good food for baby and me and couldn't waste a chance at true nourishment.

My first pregnancy I improved at about 20 weeks. This time I'm 11weeks and it's still going strong of course.. My only advice is to rest. Everything else has to wait. If you have HG then you can barely stand or get dressed let alone work etc! Easier said than done but just focus on each day as it comes. You absolutely have to let everything else go. You have no choice. But it will get better and it does end.

One day this will just be a bad memory.

When I hit week 10 I FINALLY started feeling better. I still get queasy from time to time but nothing like before. Zofran helped me a tiny bit. I'm so sorry. I feel your pain :( It will get better!!! The question is just when. Keep telling yourself "it wont be like this forever" I know it's so hard

Around 13 weeks with ds1, this time I've been feeling better for over a week so far. It's truly awful, and no one will understand unless they have been through it! Hoping it ends soon for you!

It is the Worst thing. With my daughter I had it the entire 9 months.

I left hospital 2 days ago after rehydration and IV anti sickness and I've been fine since then. I'm hoping this one ends soon.

I don't think anyone can really say when it will end. U just have to take each day at a time and don't think about the next few months.

Hi
I was so so sick from 6 weeks it finally eased a little at 9 weeks and now at almost 11 weeks it's quite a lot better I still have dry mouth and horrible indigestion but the nausea and sickness seems on the mend I hope
Hang in there it's so hard I know but it should get easier soon I ended up on tablets though has your dr given anything ?

Emma

With my daughter (who is now 3.5) I never had the nausea, just the sick. I would be sick a few times a day right up to about 7 months pregnant but as I felt fine the rest of the time I could handle it.

This time I feel sick constantly and I actually vomit about 8 times a day - eating, drinking, smells, food on tv - everything makes me sick.

I have medication (buccastem and cyclizine) but after a MMC in December i'm really scared to take it.

This is my third baby but first with HG.
It started at week 7. Admitted week 8.
Week 10 was better. Week 11 into 12 back down hill. Week 13 was okay, week 14/15 massive relapse if id gone to docs i would have been admitted again but managed to stable it.
Week 16/17 were like recovery again. Week 18/19 probably best ive had. Week 20 been up and down.

Ive been on cyclizine since week 8

Considering how bad ive been as motion was a trigger for me last 20w have flown over. Hope you feel better soon. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->