How long is your luteal phase?

lace&pearls

Mummy with PCOS
Reaction score
Hope you don't mind me asking lol,
I had a blood test done on the 11th of May which said I was in my luteal phase, so 17 days later... shouldn't it have finished by now? I've read the average one is 14 days long but I wondered if that was a generalisation perhaps...?
I have tested and got BFN & if I was pregnant shouldn't I have got a + by now?

mines 12 at the moment but has been 13 before...a few months back......it can vary a day or 2 either side

some women get even up to 16 day lp

Mine is always 14 days. My LP isn't my problem, it's the leading up to ov :(

yes, i didnt ov til cd24 last cycle

Do luteal phases vary? Or are they always the same?

So you are 17 DPO?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/No-period-past-luteal-phase-length.html

"If your ovulation date is clear and you don't get your period or test positive on a pregnancy test within 18 days of ovulation, you should check with your doctor to find out what could be keeping your period away."

Mine seems to be ten days. Pretty short but not considered a defect...still, when you read that implantation takes between 6 to 10 days....that doesn't sound like its helping my chances. I'm going to visit a doc once I've got another month of clear charts and I haven't had a BFP.

So you are 17 DPO?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/No-period-past-luteal-phase-length.html

"If your ovulation date is clear and you don't get your period or test positive on a pregnancy test within 18 days of ovulation, you should check with your doctor to find out what could be keeping your period away."

Mine seems to be ten days. Pretty short but not considered a defect...still, when you read that implantation takes between 6 to 10 days....that doesn't sound like its helping my chances. I'm going to visit a doc once I've got another month of clear charts and I haven't had a BFP.

Thank You :hugs:
I have an ultrasound booked for tomorrow morning because as far as I knew I wasn't ovulating for the last 3 months due to PCOS, so I'm hoping they will at least be able to confirm if I did in fact ovulate ... I'm guessing if I was pregnant it would have shown on a test by now :( and I would probably wouldn't far along enough to see anything on scan :(
If they can't tell me anything I'll prob go to the doctors on Tuesday :coffee:
xxx

My april LP was just 13 days, this month it was 16

Ok, im 16-18dpo today, so expecting AF anytime now. I always thought mine was 13 days until I started temping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->