How long should a mattress last?

porkypig

Reaction score
We've had ours brand new for about 6 years now and it was quite expensive think it was around £600 and although its ok, I notice that I sometimes wake up with a lower back ache and my lower half seems a bit lower if that makes sense. Every once and a while, the mattress has been turned but how long should a mattress last? I really want a memory foam one xx

they say 8-10 years, but id expect a good quality one to last up to 15. Ive just ordered a tempur one and actually cannot wait lol!

It really depends on the quality of the mattress. I wouldn't really expect to get any more than 10-12 years out of a good one. But 6 years? I'd hope for a little longer out of it!

A decent mattress should last about 10 years. Is the mattress showing signs of disrepair? Does it have any sags or bits where you can feel the spring now etc? Waking up with aches and pains is not always because of the bed, something could've changed in your health or how you're sleeping?

ETA just reread and see that you wrote you feel like part of it is sinking lower. Sounds like it is the mattress then. I would expect a £600 mattress to last nearer to 10 years, it should be a good mid-high quality at that price.

Ours is memory foam are they expected to last a similar time frame or longer?

Mine has lasted 19 years. But now it's starting to hurt my back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->