• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long should it take my tear to heal?

MrsGreen

Expecting #2
Reaction score
I gave birth 3 weeks ago (2nd degree tear outside and a small internal one ) and I'm almost all healed down south, but I have one spot on my perinium that hasn't come together yet and it bleeds if I go poo. Its not a big spot, but it's tender still and I'm so scared of what my pp check up will be like.

Advice? ?

I forgot to add, I've noticed in the last week and a half my clitoris hurts. its very tender. Will it go away? why does it hurt?

I had a 4th degree tear, 7 cm internal tear and an episiotomy to heal from in addition to SPD pain and pain in my tail bone. I was in a pretty bad shape until 4 weeks after birth. I just crossed 3 months postpartum and have completely healed. It's amazing how my poor bits have managed to heal after being torn up so badly. Sudden and sharp pains could just be your nerves healing and the pain should disappear in a day or two. If the pain doesn't go away please check with your doctor. Are you doing sitz baths? That helped me a lot with the pain and discomfort and keeping everything down below nice and clean. Also remember to supplement with fish oil which helps fight inflammation and speed up healing. I also did not sit upright for about 4 weeks which helped enormously! I would lie on my side or sit sideways on one hip. I would really recommend that you avoid sitting upright as much as possible for the first few weeks.

My doctor thought I may have dislocated my tailbone while pushing cause it popped and it hurt really bad for a week.

I haven't been doing the baths cause I don't have a tub. I have been using witch hazel though. I just feel like it's not healing. :(

I'm so sorry you tore so badly. Was your baby big? Mine was 7lb 8oz and 5 days late.

Did you have issues going #2?? sorry, but I've only gone 6 times since she was born.

My baby was huge. 10 lbs 2 oz. I should have been offered an elective C section in hindsight. They are very pro natural birthing here in Norway.

As for going to number 2, I was terrified of going the first time but it was fine since I had taken stool softeners. It never really hurt after that either. However, I continue to not be able to hold gas in. My doctor thinks I need some more time to heal. After the 6 month mark they will look into treatment options if I don't improve.

A sitz bath is great if you don't have a bathtub. It's a small basin that fits over your toilet. Since you live in California you can buy one at any drugstore. I bought mine from CVS when I was on holiday in the US. I think I paid $15 for it.

Don't really have any advice - just wanted to share that I'm the same. Gave birth 3 weeks ago, and still have pain from the tearing/ episiotomy I had. I have a small 'open' area on my perineum as well - where I assume some sutures have come out. I had it checked in the hospital and by my midwife who said it will heal on it's own, but will take time. The main thing to do is to keep clean to avoid infection and keep comfy. I'm still taking painkillers daily and don't do any walking or stand for prolonged periods as this makes it worse for me.

re: clitoral pain, not sure about this - did you have a catheter? It may be bruising from that. I had a catheter and am definitely sore afterwards up there due to bruising.

No one tells you these things before you give birth, do they!

I had a 8lb 4oz baby with a first degree tear and 2 stitches and I would say that at 5 weeks I started to feel a lot better...but not 100% I am 6 weeks today and still not 100% but much better. I called the dr at 3 weeks because the pain was still bad and I had a lot of burning and itching, and she said it was normal if week by week it was getting better. I continued to think I had an infection because I still had burning and itching for a while, but then it disappeared. Up until a few days ago I was still bleeding, esp after going poo. I had a tiny bit of blood today, but didn't have any the past 2 days, which is an improvement for me. I also had clitoral pain and was freaking out, but that has also really started to subside in the past week. I think it just takes a while. It's always good to check with your dr, but if you think that week by week you are getting better then it is probably normal. You can get a sitz bath probably at hte drug store. THey gave me one at the hospital. It is something you fill with warm water and put on yout toilet and sit on it. I was too lazy to use mine, but it did help at the hospital. Hope you are feeling better soon! :)

I am almost 7 weeks post partim and I still haven't healed. At my check up the dr said refrain from sex two more weeks.
It hurts so bad to pee like I'm throwing acid on an open wound... When should this stop? When should I be healed completely? :/ I feel like when I bf my undies ride up and causes it to be worse and irritates it. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->